Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
LOL Lynn, Dave's spent goodness knows how long getting things so the TV goes on the wall
I know but I thought maybe on another wall. I don't want to create him more work that's Helena's job. Just an idea as the lounge isn't actually finished yet. Ducks and hides.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Wow it is all looking fantastic

I think the sofa cuts what is a lovely big room in half and I do think you may get a cricked neck being so near to the high up TV.

I have just had to delete what I was going to suggest, because having had another look at the photo I realise you have a new fire on that end wall as well as the TV (which all looks lovely). Had the fire not been there, I was going to suggest you put the sofa against the wall where the TV is and put the TV down the glass doors end ...... but totally irrelevant now

I know that new sofa is a fantastic deal BUT for £700 you could get a great deal on a two seater settee in a light colour which wouldn't impact on the room quite so much. A 13' one is very very long We have a large lounge here and for ages we had a sofa half way across the middle which made it feel snug but the room much smaller than it is. We moved it back to make the most of the room and it is much nicer now. We too have a very awkward room to dress with only one usable corner and full length glass windows along one side, and only one usable wall as we have a dinning area going off it too - nothing is ever easy Helena.

I personally think the glass doors look fine but if you don't like them the room would look just as nice without them .... I'm no help at all!!

I'm sure that whatever you decide will look lovely.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 05:52 PM
OMG it took me so long writing my post and looking back at the photos ..... I'm a bit late with my post You'd had only one reply when I started typing.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2013, 05:53 PM
It's all looking good H, but I have to agree with Dave, putting the sofa where you want it, it's far to close to the TV and to be honest the way you placed it, it will detract from a lovely room.

I think as much as you want that big sofa, it's not right for the shape of the room, you need to rethink, and probably get two 2 seaters.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 06:04 PM
LOL Lynn, don't give Dave MORE work!!!! It cannot go anywhere else, the patio doors take up the whole of the front wall to the terrace, then there's the glass doors into the hallway, and if we put it around the corner in the dining area then we'd be even closer lol!

Now, here's those glass doors from the other side where they are in the hallway, so again, Jenny, we can't hang the tv there if they go cos it'd be hanging in mid air

So this will be all opened up, to an open plan "feel" although there's still a bit of hallway wall left before the front door where I stood where I took this pic.

Yes Jackie, you're right, and you Jenny, and TM that sofa is far too big for this lounge, I had illusions of grandeur which didn't pay off, and now that we've put the chairs right back in front of the glass doors, well away from the telly, it's left a huge big wide open area in front of the telly which is lufferly

I'm so glad I asked you lot and it has saved arguments with Dave about it, but I never thought you'd agree with HIM instead of me!!!!

Right, back to square one then, and this has opened it all up again, and this is how it'll stay until we maybe get new chairs along with the furniture.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm glad you've moved the big sofa, where it was it looks a bit like it got stuck while moving it and you'd gone off for a cuppa and to mull the problem over!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I'm glad you've moved the big sofa, where it was it looks a bit like it got stuck while moving it and you'd gone off for a cuppa and to mull the problem over!
yeah, definitely not a good look was it!! But then again, you should see this sofa!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I like that it shows the room off really nicely.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 06:20 PM
To be honest I think it looked OK to start with lol!

But I like the last piccie better than any of the others.

Boy NO WAY am I putting my huge telly on the wall - never! I move it about risking further hernias now as it is.

I feel constrained by the HUGE planetary painting in my place! I have all 'odd' furniture but it's all black.

My L shaped sofa is for 'other people' to sit on. I am better sitting on the solid high black leather one or the recliner (same as yours) so my sofa doesn't have to be where it's best positioned it can just be where it 'looks best'.

I like furniture in the middle of rooms but not huge sofas.

The reason why my upsatairs and downstairs neighbours are convinced my apartment is bigger than theirs are (numbskulls!) is because they BOTH have sofas across the middle of the living space. It turns a huge room into a cosy living room. Not for me. Chairs are OK in the middle and can easily be swivelled round to watch telly. Not so with a huge sofa.

Oh and I really would not like my telly that 'high up' I have my bedroom one on a tall chest coz my bed is high and I can't see it if I put my knees up if it's not up quite high. But even that one isn't that high. I'd get a stiff neck if it was anything other than 'normal eyesight line' height when sitting on armchairs and sofas. There's a reason for TV tables being the height they are - it's because that is the optimum viewing angle to watch it from.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Yep Helena I think it looks better like that. It makes the room look so much bigger. Maybe measure the room you've got to spare before you go for a new sofa next time
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >