register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2012, 09:03 PM
Well mine sounds similar to yours apart from the fact that I can't choose the temperature, I have a choice of wash, but am stuck with the temperature that particular wash goes with, which I don't like, with the Indesit I could choose the temp and type of wash, plus I can't find a final spin programme. When the babies go out in the morning I will go into the filter and empty it, no point in doing it now with the babies in, if I am to have yet another flood I will do it before I mop the kitchen The last Indesit must have been 10 years old when it finally turned up its toes, I've only had this recon one since May, so not happy at all, of course it waited till it was out of it's 6 month guarantee before starting the fun and games
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2012, 11:09 PM
We've ordered from appliances online twice, once for a new washer and then for a fridge. Each time the delivery has been on time and installed within ten minutes. Can't fault them and recommended them to friends.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2012, 12:55 AM
ours keeps breaking, but that is because i live with boys who are inept and keep putting various **** where other **** should go!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-01-2013, 12:48 PM
My Ariston got to the point where the noise it generated could easily outdo a Spitfire in full flight so a few weeks back i bought a Beiko from local supermarket. It was advertised as a family washing machine and because im male and therefore not clued up on white goods i loaded it into my van then home to install.

Its a fabulous ultra quiet washer,but i have two critisms. A full load takes 2hrs and 10mins and the other is it maybe advertised as a family washing machine,but that family would have to be Barbie and Ken because its capacity is woeful.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2013, 01:33 PM
That is why I wanted the LG Direct Drive as it has a 7.5kg capacity. I have got a Beko upright under counter freezer and had it a couple of years and its been OK
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2013, 01:34 PM
Lol good job you don't have to cope with our wash load Steve. The OH installed it yesterday and apart from having a grumble that it's deeper than the old one it all went smoothly. The depth does matter as it's installed inside a built in cupboard in the utility and the doors now only just close on the cupboard, so good job it wasn't any deeper. I'm actually rather pleased with it. It did about 5 loads yesterday and another few so far today. It's extremely quiet and once you adjust too the long wash times down to the fact that all new machines are cold fill only alledgedly more efficient This one has a choice of wash times for each temperature and as long as I select the cycle for synthetics rather than cotton the wash times are no longer than the old machine. The tumble dryer has taken a bit of getting used to as I'm used to setting the time and temperature and leaving it to it, now I have no choice of time just cupboard dry, extra dry, iron dry etc. and there was me thinking dry was well dry
Ask me again in about 3 years if they lasts that long.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
That is why I wanted the LG Direct Drive as it has a 7.5kg capacity. I have got a Beko upright under counter freezer and had it a couple of years and its been OK
The perfect choice there June, that's the one I have here, and if I still had a horse, it'd probably take a horse rug!!

Lol at you Steve with the Barbie and Ken washing there!!!

Glad you like yours Trouble, and does that tumble dryer keep buzzing at you when it's finished, I really hate that with a passion!!! How very dare it summon me to empty it, and it keeps on and on and ooooooon, it's not even a nice beep like my other one had, this is a low grunt!!!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-01-2013, 01:59 PM
No I turned the buzzer off, yet another option. Some of the setting on the dryer have me baffled, maybe I should read the handbook settings like mix, baby etc. Just bl**dy dry it.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Great advantage of renting is that if anything eg the washing machine, goes wrong, the landlord has to replace etc.. Means I get no choice but it pays them to get a decent machine

There is a brand new one here that seems fine once I get the hang of it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
No I turned the buzzer off, yet another option. Some of the setting on the dryer have me baffled, maybe I should read the handbook settings like mix, baby etc. Just bl**dy dry it.
Must get my handbook out then if there is an option to do that coz it drives me nuts!!! You really should read that handbook Trouble, because I didn't realise mine had a "gentle" option, because Dave's underwear really was coming out like Ken's if I didn't push that button in, it got far too hot !!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >