View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 03:17 PM
when we collected toby i bought a cheap plastic cat litter tray and put blankets in it, then he sat on my knee in that - just in case of accidents!
_Charlotte_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll just ask the breeder not to feed him that morning and to try and try to make him tired hopefully then he will just sleep the hole way back.
JaniceH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I definately think a carrier of some description as they might get far too hot on your lap, then struggle then wee.

I had a rescue pup come down via train once. She was abandoned on a doorstep in Scotland where a forum friend of mine lived. She didnt know what to do with her so I offered to have her to live in our family.

She put her in a cat carry crate in Edinburgh (she had a childs ticket). She was meant to go in the guards van (this is on her own, my forum friend decided not to come and also not tell me ), however the people in first class felt sorry for her so took her in with them and played on the floor with her lol. She had a supply of water and kibble so she had plenty to eat and drink. I travelled from Essex to London to meet my forum friend at the station to collect her, to find the first class carriage bringing her out, all giving her kisses. That is the first time I realised that she had in fact travelled alone. She then became an ex-forum friend

I took her in her carry box all the way through the london underground, on the fast train home to Essex, where I discovered that she was only 4 weeks old and as she was a JRT, teeny in size.

She was absolutely fine, thrived, did really well in obedience training and sadly died aged 18months from a brain bleed caused by a anurism that noone knew about.

So yes I reckon your new pup could travel quite well by train with you next to it, although just so the pup can stretch out and sleep a carry crate would be best.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2