Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Low fat take away options??

OK I know the title is a bit of a contradiction!! LOL

But can anyone suggest low fat take away options. I have been making a determined effort to lose weight after a scary experience (stepping on scales ) I have been exercising for 45 mins a day plus the walking I normally do and have been very careful with what I eat, no fizzy juice at all, no wine (exceptfor last night ) as little salt as I can have, at least 2 litres of water, no white bread, potatoes. I have lost 6lbs so far

Anyway we always have a takeaway at the weekend and I am going to see my pal in Glasgow tomorrow which will mean a takeaway. What are my healthiest options? I was thinking a kebab made with the flame grilled chunks of chicken breast with salad in a white pitta bread with a tiny bit of chilli sauce?

Any ideas very welcome as I am guessing half a medium pizza hut meal deal is NOT the way to go (which is a normal sat night tea )

Thank you
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:28 AM
i would definetly say Kebab ( chicken as described ) woudl be the best option, However you could also go for a chicken tikka style indian ( the ones without any/too much sauce ) as they are generally quite healthy too.

hope this helps.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i would definetly say Kebab ( chicken as described ) woudl be the best option, However you could also go for a chicken tikka style indian ( the ones without any/too much sauce ) as they are generally quite healthy too.

hope this helps.
Thanks Dani, I did wonder about the indian like you say tandoori tikka or similar the prob there is all the stuff that comes with it - pilau rice etc (I am guessing that is fried?) and also the lure of Garlic Naan would be too much for me I think...maybe I should join in the virtual curry thread (sorry cant remember whos thread it is )

Ohhhh Garlic Naan - even my teeth are watering at the tought!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thanks Dani, I did wonder about the indian like you say tandoori tikka or similar the prob there is all the stuff that comes with it - pilau rice etc (I am guessing that is fried?) and also the lure of Garlic Naan would be too much for me I think...maybe I should join in the virtual curry thread (sorry cant remember whos thread it is )

Ohhhh Garlic Naan - even my teeth are watering at the tought!!
i know its so tempting isnt it !!
I made curry last night,but only had one naan bread in the freezer, OH wasnt home yet, so I scoffed it and then told him we didnt have any naan to go with it
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 05:23 PM
If you go to pizza hut how about just the salad bar? And a slice of your mates pizza?
Any curry without the creamy sauce?

I would still have whatever you want and perhaps just cut down on your portion size by sharing some bits.

Dont deny yourself too much i'd say!! X
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Chicken kebab would be pretty much ok.

Also, Chinese food tends to be healthy as not much fat/oil is used if you avoid the deep fried stuff - noodles, bean sprouts, beef dishes, chicken dishes are all pretty healthy.

Indian (and I LOVE it) is lethal - so much oil is used - stay away !

Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 07:42 PM
good luck hun, I know how hard it is, but your doing fab, xx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks everyone have decided we will get something from a general take away tomorrow so I can have kebab and everyone else can have pizza etc. OH has said he'll have kebab too and he doesn't even like them!! bless him!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2009, 09:01 PM
dougies kinda had my diet forced on him, but hes coping really really well...lmao
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2009, 03:01 PM
My mum does slimming world and gets vegetable chow mein from the chinese takeaway.

If you make your own curry it's loads healthier than a takeaway one (but defeats the object of getting a takeaway I suppose ).
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >