View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Csj do a food that is Tripe based and like Orijen is cereal and grain free, but much less in price ' No Grainer'.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Before Jake's allergies started he was on Wainwrights (dry) and he did really well on it. I still occasionally feed the Wainwrights trays, and he loves them.

He is now raw fed, but I use JWB as treats and he goes nuts for the stuff. It is really good quality IMO, and a good price too. If I were to go back to feeding commercial food though, I would feed Wainwrights trays.
Cookies
New Member!
Female 

17-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Iv fed a few different foods and I would reccomend wainwrights or autarky. However I now feed raw and wouldn't go back to commercial kibble unless I had to, would raw be an option for you?
Hi there thanks for the advice, At the moment going completely raw isn't really an option but its something to look at in the future, although i'd be interested in maybe doing a half and half mix..
marleysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:03 AM
I can highly recommend wainwrights large breed puppy turkey and rice (excellent price!), iv now started to introduce raw which he seems to like. prize choice turkey or chicken mixed with rice or veg. lamb bones 4 x a week and now im going to try chicken wings, tripe, fish and chunks from the prize/natures range. hes an 8 month old lab.
Cookies
New Member!
Female 

19-04-2012, 09:24 AM
thanks everyone we're going to start on wainwrights large breed puppy and see how he gets on, you've all been really helpful so thank you x
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Hi, glad to hear you're moving the pup off Bakers. When the bakers advert comes on the telly, we all throw things at it!! I feed fish4dogs to my lot and although it appears expensive there are a lot of deals out there regularly which bring the price down. CSJ has been mentioned above and for a middle of the road diet, this has been good for a lot of dogs. If you're not sure have a look at their websites and request samples.....nothing worse than buying a sack and then finding that however much you like the look/analysis etc, the dog turns his nose up!!! Best of luck and truly best of luck with tripe.....tried once and never again, took me days to get the smell out of the house! Haha! I spent a fortune in scented candles!!
marleysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I may give the tripe a miss, iv heard a few people say it stinks horrible! The wainwrights is defo worth a try and it comes with money back gaurantee from pets at home so if your pup doesnt like it then you can just get your money back and try something else.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2