Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2005, 10:33 PM

For the cat owners: hunting question

Right a quick question for all the catty people out there, how old was your cat when they started bringing there hunting trophys back to you?
Was just wondering cause Elsa was playing on the patio yesterday afternoon (her first time out) and she came trotting in tail up with a plump mousey in her gob, and shes only 14'ish weeks old, i know our other cat, Clementine, was a lot older before she started bringing 'gifts' back
So how old were your cats when they began to bring you back their hunting trophie????
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 10:42 PM
As soon as she could get out!!
She still brings us things back now, and she's 17 and nearly toothless!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Aww bless her Hevvur, i love the oldies they have an essence of 'dottiness' about them that yu jsut have to admire
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah mine was a hunter from the word go. That is after she learned how to get back down a tree!
When she was younger she just used to bring us the left overs, a rabbits ear here a tail there. Now she likes to bring in the leftovers for us to trod in first thing in the morning.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 11:35 PM
my one cat george has never killed anything hed rather sit and smell the flowers mind you he wont even go outside,but china and smudge well there always bringing me home either live or dead presents the worst is when there alive trying to rescue the poor things before they try and kill it
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
my one cat george has never killed anything hed rather sit and smell the flowers mind you he wont even go outside,but china and smudge well there always bringing me home either live or dead presents the worst is when there alive trying to rescue the poor things before they try and kill it
That reminds me of something that happened to me last year (you'll need a strong stomach to read the following!)

I went into hospital for a few days about 14 months ago and just before I went the cat brought me a present in the middle of the night but could I hell I find it when she dropped it?

Anyway 3 days later I come out of hospital and there are about 60 blue bottles flying round my bedroom. I nearly barfed.

So I got out the fly spray killed them all and chucked them (after counting them ). Woke up the next morning to find the exact same scenario. Needless to say my bedroom window is always shut at night now.

It's funny how they differ though, a friend of mine has a 2 year old moggie and she's the fattest little thing I've ever seen. Couldn't catch a cold if she tried!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2005, 11:58 PM
ooh i hate flies at the best of times i always try to find where china has left something mind you half the time its not worth finding by the time shes finished eating it usually just the head left
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
ooh i hate flies at the best of times i always try to find where china has left something mind you half the time its not worth finding by the time shes finished eating it usually just the head left
Ooh you're lucky with us it's usually the intestines that are left to step in in the morning. :smt078
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd
Ooh you're lucky with us it's usually the intestines that are left to step in in the morning. :smt078
ive had them left as well but lately its either the head gone or the body gone and if shes had a bird all you got is feathers everywhere
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Yeah I hate that, call me crazy but when it's mice or rabbits etc I'm not that fussed but with birds I always feel really guilty. It's not so bad when they eat them it's when they sit and play with them that I just can't stand it.

If they were really hungry they'd eat the little critter but sometimes it's just out of pure bordem I think.

Sorry gone completely off topic.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >