Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
BIG improvement there Lynn No doubt about it. Seeing how happy Ollie clearly still is I can see why you are struggling with things. If he were depressed it would be easier to make a decision but he still seems to have a real spark there

Lets hope things continue to improve (((hugs)))
Thank you. We are not out of the woods yet but your reactions and seeing him like that today ourselves on the video and his general well being does give us some hope and that the steroids will help to lead an more normal life again. He does have his depressed days yesterday was one of them.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
OMG that first video is just fantastic, so, so different from the one we saw before, he looks quite normal walking up there, with his tail swishing from side to side, he's sooooo happy to be out! It tired him out didn't it from watching the 2nd video, BUT, he held himself up Lynn, he didn't flop down, he didn't sit down so that's got to be a good thing compared to before?

He seems to want to spread his front legs wide apart doesn't he? Has he always done that?? I wonder if that's a neurological thing again, in that he knows if he puts the front legs further apart it will stop him falling over? I say this, because it's the way my mum started walking after her stroke? She kept her legs a long way apart even though she said she was walking normally, I really noticed the change in her gait, same as I've noticed it there with Ollie. Maybe he's always walked like that though

I'm just happy that he chose not to sit down or collapse, he actually held himself upright, just standing there when he did have the choice aren't you Lynn? Awwww, bless his heart, he is soooooo gorgeous when we see him almost in the flesh like that, big cuddly bear. Good luck with the steroids, got everything crossed that they make a huuuuuge improvement, I'm positive!
Heres hoping. Nadia warned us about the front leg gait when we brought him home he is walking like that because the front legs are compensating for the back legs not co-ordinating properly and the ataxia. He has not not walked like that till this thing happened in fact the night we took him in his front leg gait was not that bad even thought he ataxia was really bad and the legs just kept collapsing.

Considering he went in on the Thursday night late and was admitted and by the Saturday he couldn't stand let alone walk he has come a long way. Just need to get past this stage now so we hope the steroids do their job.

No he is not collapsing there but he did have a little bit of a blip at the weekend with regards to his back legs buckling under him.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 01:54 PM
What a beautiful, brave boy, a lovely waggy tail and he really looks like he's smiling(sorry am in tears here). Hoping and wishing very hard for the AB's to get to work, sending extra big cuddles Ollie (((xxx))), we love you and your Mum n Dad too (x).
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
What a beautiful, brave boy, a lovely waggy tail and he really looks like he's smiling(sorry am in tears here). Hoping and wishing very hard for the AB's to get to work, sending extra big cuddles Ollie (((xxx))), we love you and your Mum n Dad too (x).

Aww thank you. Sorry it made you cry.

I think you need a hug.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Just checking in,
I didn't expect Ollie to have improved that much Lynn,he has made a fair bit of improvement hasn't he.I know he still has a long way to go,but that video was alot better than the other one.

Fingers crossed now that the steroids do there job.
Big hugs to you and gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks for posting vids - we all see a definite improvement but as you say, swings and roundabouts at the moment. Hopefully the steroids will do the trick He is just so beautiful and with that big waggy tail you just want to bury your face into his fur. Here's really hoping that in say a weeks time we will see Ollie on the road to recovery.xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Just checking in,
I didn't expect Ollie to have improved that much Lynn,he has made a fair bit of improvement hasn't he.I know he still has a long way to go,but that video was alot better than the other one.

Fingers crossed now that the steroids do there job.
Big hugs to you and gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Thanks Sal definitely getting there slowly but surely.

Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Thanks for posting vids - we all see a definite improvement but as you say, swings and roundabouts at the moment. Hopefully the steroids will do the trick He is just so beautiful and with that big waggy tail you just want to bury your face into his fur. Here's really hoping that in say a weeks time we will see Ollie on the road to recovery.xxx
We hope so Sue We know even with the steroids it is likely to come back at some point as the neurologist is convinced it is nerve related. Or the steroids will have some unwanted effects but for now we will be grateful for a halfway decent life for now a while longer. It was all such a shock next time if there is one which undoubtedly there will be something we will be better prepared.

I have spent many hours with my face buried in his fur especially since having him home.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Aww thank you. Sorry it made you cry.

I think you need a hug.
You're very welcome and no need to be sorry at all. Seeing Ollie was like having a hug, thankyou x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
He certainly looks much better in that video than the last one and very happy with himself too .
Lets hope these steroids do the trick and get him back moving around as he deserves to be after all this.
Lynn you and Gordon really have been through the mill but I hope all your devotion to the lovely Ollie will be duly rewarded over the next couple of weeks when those steroids have a chance to work thier magic.
I know its going to be a tense time for you as everything is pitched on these steroids, but if anyone deserves this miriacle you all do.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 04:27 PM
OK.... yeah he is swaying and swishing about a bit... but just look at his happy face and waggy tail!! If he wasn't up for giving it his best shot you wouldn't get that happy face from him.
I really hope the steroids do the magic's on him and he goes onwards and upwards.

Hugs to you all for hanging on in there, he is a sweet, beautiful boy!!
xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
He certainly looks much better in that video than the last one and very happy with himself too .
Lets hope these steroids do the trick and get him back moving around as he deserves to be after all this.
Lynn you and Gordon really have been through the mill but I hope all your devotion to the lovely Ollie will be duly rewarded over the next couple of weeks when those steroids have a chance to work thier magic.
I know its going to be a tense time for you as everything is pitched on these steroids, but if anyone deserves this miriacle you all do.
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
OK.... yeah he is swaying and swishing about a bit... but just look at his happy face and waggy tail!! If he wasn't up for giving it his best shot you wouldn't get that happy face from him.
I really hope the steroids do the magic's on him and he goes onwards and upwards.

Hugs to you all for hanging on in there, he is a sweet, beautiful boy!!
xxx
Thank you both. Just caught up with Nadia we are on an upward downward spiral now. She feels looking at the latest video he has improved a lot but not enough to leave it any longer without some intervention so she is happy for us to start the steroids him taking 5 weeks to get to where he is is longer than she would of hoped.

He may react to them in which case we have to rethink the drug. He definitely will now get muscle wastage it may speed up what is already going on with his head and face but what do we do ? If we get a few months or possibly a few years although I am not convinced we will get that long but who knows we may get him some quality of life again before we have to throw in the towel. So we are committed to it now and whatever the outcome we will deal with it.

We have not given up the fight yet.

So this is it guys make or break time. I am happy in some ways terrified in others in case this is the wrong thing or not going to work.
Page 103 of 123 « First < 3 53 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 113 > Last »