View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 04:53 PM
You can register any dog on the activity register if it is not KC registered on the breed register.

In actual fact even this is not strictly true, for example; if you have a pure bred rescue that was KC registered but the rescue have not given you the papers, you can RE register it on the Activity register because you do not have the details of the breeding.

WSD, for example may be pure bred with a generations of pedigree, but they are registered on the Activity Register as they are not recognised as a Breed,
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
You can register any dog on the activity register if it is not KC registered on the breed register.

In actual fact even this is not strictly true, for example; if you have a pure bred rescue that was KC registered but the rescue have not given you the papers, you can RE register it on the Activity register because you do not have the details of the breeding.

WSD, for example may be pure bred with a generations of pedigree, but they are registered on the Activity Register as they are not recognised as a Breed,
BCs without a pedigree are registered as WSD-actually you can register any breed on the AR except the BC. Unfortunately some people register crossbreeds & mongrels as WSD

None of the rescues I have registered on the AR(all crossbreeds)needed a signature for a date of birth & a friend has just registered her Golden X Collie complete with DOB without the breeders signature
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Mayre it was the sire and dam they were complaining about then---I assumed it was the DOB. Either way it is easier to leave those bits blank.

My friends kelpie came back as a wsd! Maybe now there are more around it wouldn't.

I could never understand why they would register a wsd as a wsd----no such 'breed'----nor is there a 'lurcher' as a breed but some are registered as such. My JRT came back as a cross not a JRT----fair enough as there is no breed as such.

rune
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2011, 04:53 PM
When I registered Dill, I was told by the lady on the 'phone that as he isn't KC registered, I couldn't call him a Heeler (or a Lancashire Heeler) so he's down as a 'cross' - which I can see from their point of view, but it still really bugs me because he's from a farmer who was breeding heelers before the KC were even vaguely interested in them and he's most definitely a heeler

It does seem inconsistent when WSD is acceptable for non-KC regd sheepdogs but I can't call him Working Heeler or something similar.

(not that Dill minds at all - but it's really funny when people say 'do you realise he's possibly a heeler?' and I think 'I know he's a heeler! I was born in West Lancashire!!!')
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2