Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 07:05 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 25th March

Good morning everyone

Sorry to hear about Mark Lynn and hope it is nothing serious.

Lovely morning out there but a bit cold. Teazle walked and washing on the line. Next job is clean the outside of the windows but first another coffee. Yesterday went into town for the bank what a fiasco. None of the shops were open, the co-op were still filling shelves and not opening until ten and the banks the same so queues everywhere. Everyone was sensible and a lot of space between everyone. Everyone waiting patiently as only two people at a time allowed in the bank

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Morning Sue.
Beautiful sunny morning again, just the sort of day for a trip to the garden centre and a coffee out. (Not)!!!!
Did something I rarely do took my phone to bed I normally switch it off around 9pm incase Lauren called to say Mark had been taken worse. No calls or messages so hopefully all good will contact him again today to see how he is.
Worrying enough with Michael and Maca being in Madrid Michael works from home and his last trip abroad was a while back and although we were all at Joel's meal beginning of March we all managed to swerve anything so obviously not so bad and by the time it had got bad Michael and Maca were in a state of emergency anyway so not as front line as Mark and Lauren have been.
Saying that Maca travels more than at home and a colleague in her office was tested positive so they were all grounded and told to work from home, thankfully Maca has no ill effects same as Michael and fingers crossed it stays that way.

Please all keep safe and well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 08:14 AM
Morning all
Fingers crossed for Mark.
I am bored already lol missing Steve and Molly too
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 08:41 AM
Good Morning all.

Not long up which is not like me at all. But volunteering with a food bank as food co Ordinator (long story as to why but we are doing delivery on Sunday meals on Sunday of course however two volunteer people contacted and said "what time are we coming Monday for the Sunday lunches" ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME. So still emailing and sorting out time slots so people do not have contact. Difficult when a lot of the people we are delivering to do not have internet access so contacting a relative or carer/group to inform we are not phoning them as that could open up a whole new ball game for vulnerable people.

Lynn we are still closed today while they work something out but staff in work. Hope your lad is fine I think a lot of people are stressed have to say I get a cough when I am stressed not a lot of help though.....in the present climate. LOL

Griff As above we are still closed but I would have a look in the big supermarkets if you go in as they sell it in the odd ends aisles as I call them. Suspect they are missing you too. No letter yet?

Moyra How are you getting on? are you finding your days different at all?

Chris As all told not to travel now hopefully you get a quiet place or ten to walk now. Hope all is good there.

Brenda Hope you get your shopping today and all is good there also.

Sue Are you going to be trying again for the bank etc and how is your lad getting on going to work what precautions does he have to follow, and how are his family in Brazil coping?

Losos Your turn for the dog walk then today eh - excitement building. Hope all stays well for you all.

Well people that me moving around now plan today is NO plan.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Morning all and those to follow. Kazz unfortunately the phone number you gave was for Asda not Tesco. I have phoned Tesco and all I got was an automated service and then they hung up. So no further forward to being able to book a delivery slot in the very near future. Hopefully what comes today will keep us going for awhile. I know they keep on about basics but what is basic? We all have to eat so finding what to have for main meals is a nightmare for a lot of us. Take Care everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Windows done so all good for a few weeks.

Kazz - he is ok travelling but I don't know what precautions they are taking. I know he has quite few wipes in his bedroom and he does wear gloves. It is a mental health hospital and most of the people there have been in for some weeks. So far all seem to be well. He did say that if a case occurred, or we weren't well, then he would be put in an hotel near the hospital. The family are ok but the youngest, 18 months, has a very bad cough but then she was coughing at the end of February so hopefully nothing serious.

I got everything done yesterday Kazz and can now access my online banking as I was given a card reader over the counter. Apparently I should have been sent one! Nothing else to do until I next have to do a shopping run but hopefully that won't be for a couple of weeks.

Hope you manage to get a delivery soon Brenda.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-03-2020, 10:06 AM
Exciting times ahead today. Just checked and expecting a long awaited parcel today . Guess what is in the parcel?.

toilet rolls
14 packs, 6 rolls per pack

the supplier now has run out of stock, so i must have got my order in just in time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Nope, no Letter but I don't think we had any post yesterday or today, I am being sensible.... just taking the dogs out for a walk and back home.
Lol Kazz, Steve thinks it's great that I have to stay away...not entirely sure he is joking!
It's absolutely beautiful outside
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2020, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all and those to follow. Kazz unfortunately the phone number you gave was for Asda not Tesco. I have phoned Tesco and all I got was an automated service and then they hung up. So no further forward to being able to book a delivery slot in the very near future. Hopefully what comes today will keep us going for awhile. I know they keep on about basics but what is basic? We all have to eat so finding what to have for main meals is a nightmare for a lot of us. Take Care everyone.
So sorry Brenda why don't you sign up to Sainsburys there website seems much more keyed into the crisis. Also Iceland and hearing good things about Morrisons to.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >