Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 07:41 AM

Daily Threads, Thursday, 19th March, 2020

Good morning everyone, Have a good day and stay safe and well. Your four legged friends also. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Nice day here.

Well as expected Gorden's nephews funeral will be jut his mum and ex partner at the committal. Sheila rang last night and as she is in her late 80's her friends recommended it would not be good even for a small gathering to go back to hers and a good idea to keep it to as minimum as possible for the committal and as none of us live on the doorstep especially us it's a long way to go for 10-15 mins. We would of done but am not upset at the decision.
Also we checked she is ok and she has a big support/voluntary group through the church she attends so we have no need to worry about making her up a care pack and delivering. We will give what we put aside for her incase she needed it for Michael and Margaret.
Over there today after managing to source a couple of bags of potatoes for them Tesco had sold out yesterday. Also deliver all the other stuff we have put together for them and we will keep making sure to top them up when needed.
Also need to get our revised will printed off internet down at the local library yesterday, so will use the local printing and photo shop in Downham and check the local shops for bleach etc., again Tesco shelves were empty when they went.
So a busy day after this and a trip to Kings Lynn to get some books we are hunkering down for a few days except Sunday when if all is still well we are going for a Mothers day lunch both mums to Mark and Lauren.

Harvey good to see you.
Kazz yes quite agree we have to be mindful especially of others but we must live to.
Spain and Italy you are allowed to go to the shops, go out for medication and work and walk your dogs. I am thinking maybe another word rather than lockdown is needed as this seems to be instilling this panic buying I am sure.
griff hope you are keeping well.
Moyra hoping this will be over for your appointment,

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 09:28 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

So sad for Gorden's nephew's mum not to have the support of family and friends. Perhaps once this is over a memorial service could be arranged.

I see that the big supermarkets are arranging an hour for the over 70s and vulnerable people to shop just hope they have stocked the shelves before letting them in. All the supermarkets I went to yesterday the shelves were still empty even when they were just opening the doors. The only supermarket that was empty of people was Morrisons but still the shelves were empty!

No plans for doing anything here just walking the dog and must pick up our medication on Saturday - presuming the doctors have sent the prescriptions to he chemist. Ben informed me last night that if we or he gets the virus they will put him up in an hotel. Fingers crossed we all stay free of it.

Yesterday I planted my new rose bush, moved a climbing rose and transplanted an azalea that didn't like it where it was - it has not flowered in the two years since planting.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Good afternoon all.

Breakfast at home and then a walk in a very isolated area where we didn't see a soul. I did have to go to a cash machine though for Gary's money, but fastidiously used hand sanitiser before it was put in a pocket, the wiped down at home and hands washed straight after. It all feels like madness, but for our own good
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 05:32 PM
Apparently sugar is the latest must have, the one thing Steve asked me for lol, he got sweetener and tough if he doesn't like it lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Where the hell is everyone putting all this stuff. Eggs, milk and 19 items were taken off my order for Monday. Tesco are not looking after their oldies or vulnerable customers. I give up a friend said in an e-mail we shall all be on bread and water next, I doubt we'd get the bread.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Lol.,...there were 4 loaves in Morrisons when mum went this morning.
I have no idea where everyone is putting this stuff...maybe they are sleeping on it all lol. Mum and dad went and got stuff for mums friend as she had literally nothing, mum just left the stuff on the doorstep and rang from the car to let her know they had left it...she was very very grateful
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 06:50 PM
My brother said semi jokingly - look for people building extensions to store the food. LOL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
My brother said semi jokingly - look for people building extensions to store the food. LOL

Alena saw a guy in Tesco who looked like an all day corner store owner (I think you know the type ) He had the largest trolley stacked with six packs of baked beans, now he couldn't possibly eat that lot in weeks (Or if he did I wouldn't want to live near him )
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Lol Kazz yes!!!
Harvey, mum had the same in mozzas today, cases of baked beans despite 4 limit on everything, the cashier was very firm and sold her 4 cans of beans...she was then saying 4 for my friend too...lady in front, cashier said that's o.k but....you still have far too many so I will put those to the side lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >