Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 07:53 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 17th March, 2020

Good morning everyone, trust you and your four legged friends are all well. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 08:21 AM
Morning Moyra
Just need to pop to the chemist and grab some stuff I ordered and see if I can find some waffles or something incase I have to stay in
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 09:19 AM
Morning all off out to walk Gert, and like Griff collect my prescription, and with a bit of luck a pack of paracetamol for my knee/back or some heat wraps for my back at least. Actually out of both. High hope if not a hot water bottle which I will strap to my back LOL

Moyra stay well and safe, hope you get your shopping resolved today somehow send Steve out.

Griff Can see things like Just eat going down. Hope Steve is wearing gloves at work.

Chris I feel for anyone with mental health issues being told to self isolate but can see the need think what is scary is this is not something we can "fix" this is something out of our control as human beings, and we are simply not used to it and also the symptoms and signs seem so "fluid" cough/fever that it mimics lots of standard although sometimes just as poorly things. Looking at celebrities who appear to have it Idris Alba ETC they appear to look well so how do you tell and now we are not testing unless you are taken to hospital, so who is to say more people do not have it than we realise and its spreading.

Do you go to work? if you do not do you get paid? how do you pay the mortgage/fuel bills? These are questions friends of mine have mentioned when speaking to them. I know the government has said immediate access to SSP not a 3 or 5 day wait whatever it was.

Overall know no one who has it, but a few who are self isolating including my niece although hers has become sinusitis, but initial symptoms were fever and a headache. Stay well everyone and one good thing the board should become busy again because we will all be able to do nothing but chat online. LOL

But seriously The reason we are supposed to be careful isn’t because COVID-19 will kill me, but because I could get it and kill somebody else.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Good afternoon everyone
Hope you have managed to sort your order Moyra

Hope both you and Steve manage to steer clear of the virus Griff.

Lovely day here. Second load of bedding blowing nicely. Have meat on for meat pies also. I was at our local Tesco buy 6.30 am and the shelves were empty. No rice, pasta, tins (very limited) no frozen veg and no bread. Fortunately some appeared before I left the isle so managed to get a couple of loaves. Unable to make any myself as there is no bread flour, yeast or even ordinary flour. Plenty of fresh fruit and veg so obviously our hoarders are not a healthy bunch Have spent a couple of hours blanching a freezing the fresh veg I bought.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Afternoon Moyra, griff, Kazz, Sue and all to follow.

Nice day here to.
I have been on a mission to get bit for Michael and Margaret to save them having to unnecessarily go out also for his Aunt, if the cremation goes ahead we will drop her a bag with some bread, milk, soup washing up liquid, soap tea, toilet roll, kitchen roll, if it doesn't Gorden will drive over with it as all her friends like her are in their late 80's.
Paul and Beth were due to come for lunch tomorrow but have decided as it's not essential they will cancel. Sensible but a shame.

griff hope Steve manages to keep well.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Afternoon all

Have had a successful day, two lovely walks with Gert. Also picked up prescriptions for 3 neighbours, also spoke to my friend Netty they are def doing radiotherapy on her brain 8 cycles. Phoned and said why not going over and obviously she understood had a nice laugh together as I said "shame no planes as without the staples in her head she would get through customs causing my no trouble"
Been to the garage and had my tyre checked a slow puncture apparently side wall so new tyre ah well all done now.
Just had a nice ham salad.

Sue I echo your thoughts when in the supermarket I said to a couple note all the crisps chocolate gone but the health food aisle full, as a nation we will not die healthy. LOL

Lynn Good luck with your mission.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-03-2020, 03:40 PM
guess who is 75 years old today? and no going out for a meal to celebrate because of our friendly virus incase we catch it unawares
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 04:05 PM
Happy Birthday x
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
guess who is 75 years old today? and no going out for a meal to celebrate because of our friendly virus incase we catch it unawares
Happy Birthday...…………..luckily Sue has been blanching veg so there you go.

Seriously though Happy Birthday
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Kazz, did you get some paracetamol?? I could try and post you some if you need it??
I don't know anyone who has it either, my friend got annoyed and stomped off on Sunday night as I wouldn't let him hug me...I don't want to risk giving anything to him as his parents have health problems and are in their 80's
Lol....omg, Steve is kitted out for everything, he has antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, hand cream and vinyl gloves....I might care about him a bit too much lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >