Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 08:24 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 14th March 2020

Good morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all well. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 10:13 AM
Good morning everyone

Been to work and home now. Got to pop to the butchers and Sainsburys then walk the dog home again as I am sure it is going to pelt down this afternoon.

Seems the whole World is in lockdown mode.

Nothing going on here but getting close to gardening time of year without 5 layers on and a brolly.....LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Morning Moyra, Kazz and all to follow.
Bit doubtful looking here, been on a long hike today with Dillon, through the town then up an alley way past the very old end of March and a slow plod home.

Nice to see you pop on last night Harvey, keep well.
griff hope you are doing ok.
Won't it be lovely Kazz to get in the garden and do some work.

Hoping Spain doesn't go into lock down Michael will go off his head trapped in the flat.
He loves to get out and walk, jog etc., he will struggle being in lockdown.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Sue and I went to one of the garden centres near us and hardy anyone there customer wise. Loads of room in the car park which makes a change

Sue wanted some bags of moss killer for the grass and at the same time bought a rose to go far end of where the apple trees are.

Lady of Shallott rose

Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Good morning Moyra, Kazz. Lynn and all who follow

Pleased to see you Harvey and that you are feeling a lot better

Good that Dillon enjoyed his walk even if he did plod home

Also good that Dave got his new medication. Lets hope this works without making him feel so ill.

Heavy showers here but have taken a trip to the garden centre and got some more lawn weed, feed and moss killer plus some Dalia tubers and a rose bush. Now I need it to dry up a bit so I can get planting. Roads very quiet and the garden centre nearly empty so I think everyone is being sensible.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Well been out with Gert and managed to miss the rain, lovely walk.
Also into the butchers picked up four chicken thighs 2 for a curry and couple for salad and a sarnie and a lovely piece of steak for tonight with chips and veg rice. Did not bother with Sainsbury but popped to greengrocers for some salad.

Work very quiet today and think this will have an impact on peoples lives people are I think cautious.

Moyra Hope you are well and staying strong (mentally) with the medical concerns, chin up Mrs.

Lynn Seems flights to Spain have been turned around in mid air and a friend of mine who was coming home to UK to see her Mom from Norway said she will not be coming as Norway have recalled all their citizens and told them to come home now before they are forced to close their borders.

TW Think space in carparks will not be an issue. Have to say not hardly a souls on the roads either.

Sue, Glad you have had a good day, and the new plants sound great not been a fan of dahlias as always told by my Nan they had earwigs in......ughhhh
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Kazz, I am ok little concerned should I develop this virus as my health isn't up to it. Like Griff and Harvey it is all a big concern that we isolate ourselves from others.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Good afternoon all.

I think you're all finding it quiet because everybody and their dog have come to Skegness .

Been out this morning and not seen a single person using hand sanitiser or taking a trip to the loo to wash their hands. I fear we are doomed. Will be staying in our sleepy little village tomorrow where there wasn't a soul to be seen as we drove through today.

Have to go into town on Tuesday as it's Gary's birthday and family are coming over, be we are going to be very selective where we go. Fortunately, it should be much quieter during the week. We can't really let his 50th go by unmarked
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Goodness chris you don't need the world and it's wife in Skeggy.
Happy Birthday to Gary for tomorrow.
Gorden just read about the flights being turned back Kazz, Michael has said still state of emergency in Madrid not full lockdown yet.
It does give the officials the authority to lock down if and when they feel necessary and immediately.
They can go out to work/shop and medicine only if on lockdown.
They are playing cards, watching Vikings and undoubtedly drinking wine. He siad they have the big windows open so they are not feeling overly restricted.