Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:21 AM

Archies Story ( puppy comes home )

sorry have not been about last few days one of Bonnies puppies came back home aged 7 months his owner was not pleased with him as he barked when she hooverd ? and stole from the paper pin ? he also didn't sleep much and she really wanted him to have a curly coat ....this owner has had many cavaliers in the past and seemed ok retired with lots of time .....after a long chat via phone i was very unhappy and asked her to bring him back as she called him HORRID quite a few times when i tried to explain he was a 7 month old puppy and all he was doing was quite normal it fell on deaf ears ..she was upset also as her vet told her he didn't have any testicles( and it was going to cost her to get him done ) and upon inspection he has 2 very nice ones LOL

on arrival home Archie was very excited to play with the girls it seemed to me that not much interaction in play had been taught and he was certainly a little under weight not through neglect but i think through being over walked and fed to the gramme , he seemed very nerveous and OH spent the evening with him and he soon came round it was cuddles he craved more than anything ( typical cav)
the same night the previous owner ( i say that as he has been signed back over to me) rang in tears saying she wanted him back I will not post on an open forum my reply simply NO will do

Archie didn't stay long he was taken home by a good cavvie friend and is doing great lots of kisses and cuddles and play with another cavalier that was bred here by us
he seemed very settled and his new mum loves him to bits.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Well done! she didnt deserve to have him back, glad he is in a good home now.
dawn.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
no she didn't i think was forgetting what having a puppy was like ....and when she said she was disapointed cos he didn't have a curly coat that was the last straw
for those who don't know cavs should NOT have a curly coat non spayed ones anyway
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
i don't know, how come someone that has had previous dogs didn't seem to know what to expect from a pup.

your right, she didn't deserve to have him back, Archie now has the loving home he deserves
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:33 AM
well toby i think it was 14 years she had a puppy ...this dog recently died i think she just forgot how hard work they can be
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Awww poor little Archie, thank god she brought him back to you though and didn't sell him elsewhere. Sounds like a right nasty piece of work to me I'm glad little Archie has a lovely new home now with someone that will love him to bits and treat him properly
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:40 AM
thanks fox ..... as a breeder you have to select the BEST homes and i feel my judgement was wrong this time so i am very happy that he is not there anymore

you know i can never be escaped this came about from a converation in a park 60 miles away that got back to me ....a lady IN THE PARK got in touch with me as she felt the owner was off her trolly ( Her words not mine )
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Oh, dear God....

Now, I do understand that it's easy to forget what hard work puppies can be, but this woman sounds like a maniac! I just don't understand how somebody who knows dogs could describe a puppy as horrid.

(Actually, I called Bongo a horrid dog yesterday when she came prancing into the room with OH's dirty boxers wrapped round her head )

And that thing about the curly hair... just plain weird. Glad he's being loved now
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
thanks fox ..... as a breeder you have to select the BEST homes and i feel my judgement was wrong this time so i am very happy that he is not there anymore

you know i can never be escaped this came about from a converation in a park 60 miles away that got back to me ....a lady IN THE PARK got in touch with me as she felt the owner was off her trolly ( Her words not mine )

Good on the Lady in the Park, whoever she was
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-08-2006, 11:00 AM
So glad you found out about this Inca and he he has now gone to a really loving home.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »