Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2014, 12:51 PM

Well how was I to know?

Pereg asked to go out and as the door was open but on the chain, I had to un-hook it in order for her to get out.

She looked out and shot off up the path - barks from her, a screech from a kid...

...well how was I to know that there was a boy [~12-years-old] sitting on the steps at the end of the path with his back to the pavement, hiding the fact from anyone passing by that he was texting someone on his mobile?

He saw her, screeched, threw his mobile into the air, fell backwards onto the pavement and fled, leaving his mobile half way down my yard.

Pereg went and sniffed it but decided it was not interesting - I wonder if he is going to come back to retrieve it...

...I am certainly not going to go out to get it
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2014, 07:48 PM
LOL - would love to have seen that!

Why was he sitting in your yard? Sounds suspicious at best xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

20-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
LOL - would love to have seen that!

Why was he sitting in your yard? Sounds suspicious at best xx
There are five steep concrete steps from the pavement down to the path [not my ramp]. He was sitting on the top one [not on the pavement itself] with his lanky legs on a couple of steps down.

What was he doing there? Probably texting someone, and with his back to anyone walking past so that nobody could see what he was doing. Yesterday was, after all, the Sabbath, when he should not have been using his phone, and this being a religious Moshav he was hiding it.

The phone [it was one of those "smart" ones] was still there when I went to bed - was still there when I had to get up to let Pereg out for a pee during the night [I keep my outside lights on at night], was still there when she went out again just before 7am when I had had to get up for her first medications of the day, but had gone when I finally surfaced [we always go back to bed in the hope of a lie-in after that time].

But in between 7am and when we finally surfaced the binmen had been - and the phone was no longer there!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Oh, poor guy. I don't think Pereg was going to hurt him... she just spooked him - and he spooked her too probably. Glad he came back and got his phone. I'd have probably walked and handed it to him, but I understand why you didn't.

Must have been very funny to see.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2014, 07:08 AM
I do not who picked up the phone but there are no kids around in the early mornings now as the schools are off, and boys of that age are up until gone midnight most nights riding around so probably sleep in late, especially as during term time schools start around 7am.

I could not have gone and picked up the phone as it was half way down the steep slope that is my front yard, all earth, dirt and stones, and I cannot up there on my crutches. Plus, had I picked up the phone and brought it in to keep it safe until it was claimed, chances are I would have been accused of stealing it. Could not have just handed it to him had I been able to pick it up as he boogered off so fast you would have thought he had a firework up his butt, with his lanky legs flying in all directions!

Pereg would not have hurt him even had she been able to reach him - she just sent him packing by rushing out with her "get out of my yard" bark! She has a "big dog's" bark which sounds as if it belongs to a dog much bigger than her!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Oh, what a story, Malka! I'm sure his long legs sent him away faster than anybody could have reacted in time to hand him his phone. I might have called after him, but I doubt it would have done any good. His flight or fight senses sent him along his way.

I hope he got his phone and nobody saw it and stole it, instead. I know about the big dog barks on medium sized dogs. Jade (who is 54 lbs) sounds like a 100 lb Rottweiler. But then, I have not seen mostly brown and black dogs (like Pereg and Jade) with tiny barks...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 09:53 AM
See what happens when you disobey the Law! The Hounds of Hell appear.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
See what happens when you disobey the Law! The Hounds of Hell appear.
Aw!! He was just a "children" and sweet Pereg would have never hurt him. I do think that perhaps he will think twice next time before posting up in someone's yard and being oblivious to his surroundings.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Aw!! He was just a "children" and sweet Pereg would have never hurt him. I do think that perhaps he will think twice next time before posting up in someone's yard and being oblivious to his surroundings.
I meant the Sabbath Law.... that is what he needs to think twice about...small wonder he ran! Poetic justice!

Knew a lady once when she was old who was raised in a very strict Church. Riding on the Sabbath was forbidden. Of course the kids tried it on one Sunday and didn't she fall off and really hurt her head.. she never dared admit to it of course!

This lad got caught or so he thought; hilarious
LauMeur
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Lol, he must have thought it was a huge dog after him if he was distracted smuggling texts and just heard the barking
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >