Female 

13-04-2012, 09:39 PM
So pleased he is rallying round xxxxx
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
It is confirmed as parvo unfortunately (think there is an agility lynch mob after me for going public lol).
You did what you had to do Layla - you would have to live with the consequences if another dog caught it and it wasn't diagnosed quickly enough to save it. I think folk are just disappointed that they are having to miss shows after just the first one but they will get over it.

I must admit I hadn't realised the consequences (the 21 day rule) until someone posted on fb so, if you hadn't gone public I would have happily gone to shows without a second thought.

I remember putting a post on the forum years ago about kennel cough because my dogs developed it after attending a limited show and the show manager had a real go at me about making that public until I pointed out why I had done it - so I know how you feel!

We are all gutted that we will have to miss shows but we wouldn't want to be in your position either so just give that puppy lots of cuddles from us when you get her home.

ps It was great to meet you and your lovely dogs, especially little Rave.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2012, 06:33 AM
I am pleased to be reading Rave is on the mend.

What were you meant to do leave things be and then someone else might be in the same position and not have such a good outcome. Personally I would be glad to know if it was going around at comps and classes of any kind so you can then keep your dog away till it is all clear.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I am so pleased Rave is improving, so worrying

You did the right thing in reporting it. I can't believe that people are more interested in the shows than their dogs health. That's how these things spread to other areas.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Glad to hear Rave is on the mend, and blow what anyone else says, they would be just as mad if you had kept it to yourself and their precious dogs went down with it someone keeping quiet is probably why little Rave is so poorly now
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 07:34 AM
This is the press release issued yesterday by the Kennel Club. As you can see, by making it public, it takes the decision away from the competitors as we all sign the declaration when entering. That's why so many are upset as they are now being forced to stay away rather than making a moral decision about whether they should go or not.

Agility competitors reminded of responsibilities after report of Parvovirus case

The Kennel Club has received a report that a young dog which attended the ‘TAG Easter Show’, an Open Agility show licensed by the Kennel Club to Derbyshire Agility Club, has been diagnosed as suffering from a canine parvovirus infection.

Canine parvovirus is a highly contagious disease, spread mainly through contact with infected faeces. It mainly affects younger dogs and symptoms include vomiting, diarrhoea, mucus or blood in the faeces, tiredness and loss of appetite. There is a high mortality rate among untreated dogs which contract the virus.

Agility competitors who attended the TAG Easter Show are recommended to watch their own dogs for any symptoms, especially over the next 7-10 days.

All agility competitors are reminded that under the terms of the declaration which all competitors must sign when they enter a Kennel Club licensed show, they undertake not to bring to a show any dog which has contracted or been knowingly exposed to any infectious or contagious disease in the previous 21 days.

The TAG Easter Show was held from 6-9 April 2012 at the West Midland Showground, Gravel Hill Lane, Shrewsbury. The dog reported to be infected did not compete at the show or visit the competition rings, but other dogs belonging to the same owner did compete.

For competitiors taking part in any upcoming shows and who have concerns about the situation please contact John.Leslie@thekennelclub.org.uk or on 0844 463 3980 ext 316.

ENDS
13th April 2012

As I see it, the KC have this rule for a very good reason and anyone who ignores it deserves to receive whatever punishment the KC would decide on, should they be reported.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Delighted to hear Rave is rallying round.

I'm also pleased to see the proper authorities taking steps to prevent this nasty disease spreading.

The ones who are complaining that they now cannot attend are far from being decent dog owners in my eyes

Hugs Layla - you did absolutely the right thing, and don't let anyone try to tell you different

x0x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm so glad he's better! And of course you did the right thing! What else were you supposed to do?!! I dunno.....you'd think they'd be please you are so careful.!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2012, 09:13 AM
You did the right thing---blow the rest of them.

Glad she is on the mend.

rune
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-04-2012, 09:33 AM
I am so pleased to hear that little Rave is improving, and all kudos to you for having done the correct thing. xx
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »