Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 03:26 PM

on ur own

for those of u who r on ur own and have to work fulltime, how do u go about leaving ur dogs at home all day?
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi Jenny

I live alone....

I leave Luna in the morning with a chewbone and a frozen kong. She has the hall and bathroom to roam i. I'm gone for quite a few hours. But since Luna was 6 months old, she's been alone home all day.

You have to maybe stop taking her out during the day, so that she'll learn to hold for that amount of hours she's to be alone.

Luna gets a walk in the morning (10-15 minutes off lead) and then she don't get out untill I get home (pm me for the amount of hours). She has no problems with this. I have a problem with it, but for now this is how its gotta be.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 04:04 PM
i just pray they wont have eaten the house when i get back, but dont work all the time so they get plenty of attention usually
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 04:25 PM
I work nights so dogs sleep at night like everyone elses but then when I get in at 6 am everyone is starting to get up for work/paper rounds etc.I get up again at 8am and take the kids to school and then the dogs for a good run round the local park.Its normally about 10 when I get back and the dogs fall asleep and so do I!!!!!!! Get up again at about 3 so the dogs are on their own(but knackered and asleep) for about 5 hours.
When they were pups I would get back up at 1 and then sleep again in the evening when OH was home
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Why do you ask jen?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2005, 10:43 PM
lel its not been going so well with bf lately and i dont kno how id cope wit leavin indie at home while i work.

unfortunetely i dont really have anywhere to live if i do leave cos my dad wont allow indie anywhere near his house and i cant bare living wit my mum. so i would have to have a fulltime job and quit college and also then id be lookin at houseshares and i dont kno if i cud trust a complete stranger to see over indie when im not there

even tho bf was tryin to make out that indie was his and i wasnt takin her and also cos she has a better bond wit him i dont care, shed be comin with me
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 12:43 AM
shed be comin with me
is right

a lot of us have been there jen- it will be ok
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Awww Jen you're not having much luck
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 09:59 AM
aw jem i am sorry to hear about this. i hope it all sorts out
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2005, 11:21 AM
My dogs were always good at home. I used to pop home during my lunch hour and give then a quick walk, or employ a dogwalker to do it for me.

I hope you can work everything out Jen. It's hard at first but it will be ok in the end.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >