Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 07:02 AM

New Irish Title Available

As Ireland is now fully FCI, there is less incentive to show Juniors at Champ shows as they cannot be awarded the CACIB at Internationals, and the Junior Diploma requirements are mainly on Open Show results.
However, a new title of "Junior Champion" has been announced. For this, you need to win five junior classes at a National or International championship show. For Junior class at all Champ shows this is for dogs between NINE and eighteen months old and you can only enter one class so for National shows where there is an overlap between puppy (6-12 months) and junior, you need to "upgrade" to junior if you have a dog between 9 and 12 months old. For Internationals, there is no overlap as puppy is 6-9 months only.
So - for those of you who come over here for the circuit or the show-heavy weekends - there is now something new to aim for.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the info Gill
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2008, 01:32 PM
I was thinking about going to the European winners show next year in Dublin. I was browsing the schedule and was shocked to read that if your dog is already a Champion with another recognised KC then with just one CACIB at this show it gains it's Irish title!

I'm glad the UK Champion title is a little easier to win than that!

Debs
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I haven't seen that one, interesting as it's Green Stars that make an Irish Champion not CACIBs (indeed, the BOB goes to one of the Green Star winners which may not be the same as the CACIB winners where the eligibility is more limited). It's been an interesting learning curve for all of us in Ireland who show at IKC events. The situation with some of the rules for Opens appears to be open to interpretation, too!
However, I am putting the European Winners show out of my mind for now since I can't enter an age class (which covers most possibilities) in case I have made up one of them by then (not a certainty, but possible) in which case they would have to go in the separate Champion's class.
I see the entry fee rockets up as time goes on, I think it's €60 nearer the time!!
MAY see you there!