Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 07:55 PM
That is so annoying.
Someone stole two plastic garden chairs once - I was incensed - the cheek of it. I wanted to call the Police but OH said we couldn't for two plastic chairs worth less than a tenner - but it is the principle isn't it.
We work to earn money to buy these things - whether they are big or small and then these scumbags just come and take what they want.

As for the parking outside your house - could you not block them in, ie park in front and behind them - making it difficult for them to get out and put them off doing it again? Might not work as it might not be possible but worth a go if it is ??
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 09:33 PM
That would anger me no end! What is the point in stealing plants, i just don't get it!

Em, your area sounds a bit like ours especially the parking thing!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Aww that's horrible, my mum had 2 big plant pots full of spring bulbs in blooms nicked last year, found one of them all smashed up on the field minus the plants, what's the point???

I'm sick of people parking in front of my gate too, the man over the road has 2 dirty great rust bucket trailer vans and no drive because he's covered it with privet so you can't see his staffies that are out barking all day.
Sorry you got me started!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
You will have to keep your eyes open in case you see your plant and your neigbours blooming in somebody elses garden!!!
Elaine xx
Oh trust me, I will!! I'll spot it a mile away, but I doubt they live round here. We're also got our annual gypsy visit the day it happened so might have been them?

Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
People will nick anything that isn't nailed down, in my experience. We have to put our Christmas fairy lights back on the hedge where people can't reach it. When we put them along the railings at the front of our house (as we had done for years without any problem) some filth bag kept nicking the the little light bulbs!!!!

As for your chav neighbours, they sound delightful
They are sooooo annoying! Still I have the police and environmental health numbers on speed dial from now on ;o)

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Robdogging thieving burgling scumbag b******s!!!!!!
Hahaha, could not have put it better myself.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
oh what stinkers! You try and improve an environment and you get thieves ruining it. Plant some well spiky plants next time, Pidge
I will. I'm going to make a cactus garden! ;o)

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
How about poison oak?

People are such twonks!

Hugs Em xx
Thanks. Love the word twonk!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I would be insensed, the little rat bags.
You spend time and money looking after your property and then scum do something like this.
I'm fed up about it that's for sure. But they're the ones who will get the bad Karma ;o)

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
true. However it has solved the problem of how to get rid of bulky items. I just leave them in my front garden and they mysteriously disappear. Over the last few weeks I`ve managed to get rid of an old radiator and a broken swivel chair that way .
Hahaha, I'd say no way but actually I believe you these days!

Originally Posted by RRmum View Post
That is so annoying.
Someone stole two plastic garden chairs once - I was incensed - the cheek of it. I wanted to call the Police but OH said we couldn't for two plastic chairs worth less than a tenner - but it is the principle isn't it.
We work to earn money to buy these things - whether they are big or small and then these scumbags just come and take what they want.

As for the parking outside your house - could you not block them in, ie park in front and behind them - making it difficult for them to get out and put them off doing it again? Might not work as it might not be possible but worth a go if it is ??
We blocked him in last night but then realised we were stooping to his level (that and he's been quite aggressive with me before so I was scared to talk to him about it if he knocked on the door). Can't believe that about your chairs, that's dreadful!!

Originally Posted by esmed View Post
That would anger me no end! What is the point in stealing plants, i just don't get it!

Em, your area sounds a bit like ours especially the parking thing!
It was perfect until the chavs moved in. Our whole street is full of young couples or older parents. No noise, nice people, no bother. Now we get things stolen, noise, aggression and parking problems! They are just so rude and disrespectful.

Originally Posted by random View Post
Aww that's horrible, my mum had 2 big plant pots full of spring bulbs in blooms nicked last year, found one of them all smashed up on the field minus the plants, what's the point???

I'm sick of people parking in front of my gate too, the man over the road has 2 dirty great rust bucket trailer vans and no drive because he's covered it with privet so you can't see his staffies that are out barking all day.
Sorry you got me started!
Yuck, sounds awful. There are some shocking scumbags out there! Makes me very cross!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Why not set up cctv and catch em in the act lol.You can get a cheap camera and hitch it up to your downpipe and record during night and when you aint in.xxxxxx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2009, 12:11 PM
We had a plant stolen from the front of our house last year it was a big one I had chosen in a pot and I was really annoyed , we put 2 hanging baskets outside the front of our house evey year, and other plants so I hope the thieving b'stards keep their hands off those, we live in a nice area but still you get stuff like this going on.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
it doesn't matter who's done it, it's the fact that they have had the nerve to have away something that doesn't belong to them.

Last year we bought a huge stone pot, cost around £50 we have a fushia bush in it, and Pat had even weighed it down with bricks inside first.
Well in the middle of the night the dogs went crazy, and as I looked out I could see two dark figures with a cart on wheels trying to load it on.

Luckily Pat threw open the front door, not sure if the dogs scared them off or the big huge half naked man did. But they ran. It took us ages to lift it through to the back garden...where it still is. But the Police told us that a number of potted plants had gone missing in the area as it seemed they made good sellers at car boots.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
it doesn't matter who's done it, it's the fact that they have had the nerve to have away something that doesn't belong to them.

Last year we bought a huge stone pot, cost around £50 we have a fushia bush in it, and Pat had even weighed it down with bricks inside first.
Well in the middle of the night the dogs went crazy, and as I looked out I could see two dark figures with a cart on wheels trying to load it on.

Luckily Pat threw open the front door, not sure if the dogs scared them off or the big huge half naked man did. But they ran. It took us ages to lift it through to the back garden...where it still is. But the Police told us that a number of potted plants had gone missing in the area as it seemed they made good sellers at car boots.
That is terrible but I had to laugh at the image of Pat scaring them off, he would have if he had on that balaclava!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Why not set up cctv and catch em in the act lol.You can get a cheap camera and hitch it up to your downpipe and record during night and when you aint in.xxxxxx
You know what hun I wouldn't even bother, in my old house it was around the back of the shops which was a mistake as all the drunken chavs would hang about round the back causing trouble, that's why I moved. Anyway, they put my window through one time and I caught it on video camera as I was filming them anyway as there was about 30 of them! The police took the vid but came back about a week later and said but apparently it wasn't enough to stand up in court as you couldn't see the brick that he threw actually going through the window! And that was a proper video!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
That is terrible but I had to laugh at the image of Pat scaring them off, he would have if he had on that balaclava!
I really must tell you a story one about Pat flying out of the house.....and it was more to do with what he hadn't got on.........

Wooooooa Thats just brought a picture in my head of him in just a balaclava
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >