Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tyr
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
Originally Posted by Jackbox
We had a saying when we compared Millie to Bandit........one was on Speed (Millie) one was on cannabis (Bandit)
sounds like my two
And mine!

While they're both as lovely and loveable as each other, the BSD has poor doggie manners, plays very rough, loves water, loves to run, jump, chase, bodyslam, topple over (herself or other dogs), loves to get really dirty, couldn't care less about food, stresses easily, loses concentration easily, gets confused easily, and is an adrenaline junkie that gets carried away easily...

...whereas the collie is sociable and polite and clearly belongs to a union - she always has her head firmly screwed on and only works for the contractually agreed amount of time provided the working conditions are acceptable. The contractual terms exclude poor weather, water, overexertion of body and mind, mud, and chasing after fast-moving objects. (And every 10 minutes you have to put a shilling in to make her go again! )

I think 'speedies' and 'dopeys' go together very well. Dread to think if I had two speedies , and think I'd find two dopies a bit frustrating. It's like motorcycles - you need several so you always have the right one for your current mood!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 05:06 PM
All mine are very different.

Jed is independent, lazy, low energy, low motivation and not interested in fuss.

Flynn is high energy, high drive, very clingy and would live in my pocket if I let him.

Jessie is timid, not very bright for a BC, very loyal to me and is probably the right mixture of calm and energetic. She can easily be switched from one to another.

But definately with Jed and Flynn, they are the polar opposites of each other and have to be trained in a different manner (high voice, lots of energy to wind Jed up but very calm and quiet to keep Flynn on a manageable keel).
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2011, 05:42 PM
My 2 are complete polar opposites although they are the same breed!

Parker is very sociable with other dogs-Cherry is only good with small ones and ones she knows.

Parker is noisy when anyone is about-Cherry rarely barks.

Parker is "nice but dim" and Cherry is very intelligent.

Parker has 4 best in shows, 2 reserves and about 200 rosettes from local dog shows-Cherry has a unique ear carriage and I don't show her (but she is lovely to me-even with only 1 eye!)

Cherry enjoys it when strangers make a fuss of her-Parker is usually quite shy.

Parker really loves children and Cherry is not bothered.

Because they are an unusual breed they do get a lot of attention and I do find it hard to know what to say when people ask me what they are like as a breed!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3