Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:04 PM

I have a new foster!!

Graham went to the pound the other day to collect some dogs and one was a little staffie with a skin condition. She had hair loss on her body and face but the sweetest temperament you have ever seen.
Anyway someone was interested in her when he was talking about her and they said that they didn't care id she had a skin complaint, they would help her out.
So Graham went to the rescue to pick her up and brought her back to show these people. They took one look at her and said "God she's far too ugly...we couldn't possibly take her"!!!!! So that was a waste of time!! Graham brought her home to show me and we both decided that she would stay with us until we sort out her complaint and get her back to health again.
She's been here 3 days so far and she is amazing! She's so gentle and sweet and our other dogs have been good with her. She's now cuddled up on the sofa with Danny and Guinness!
So now I have 6 dogs!! She's very placid though but obviously loves the company of other dogs.
Guinness did try to chase her on the beach today and she wasn't in the least bit bothered!! Luckily he was muzzled!
I hope she finds a good home and she won't be going anywhere if I don't think it's right!!!!!!
I feel a failed foster coming on!
PS....We've called her Coco and I will post some pics of her soon!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:07 PM
If she's only been with you a few days and you already have failed foster fear i think you may be right!!

She sounds like such a sweetheart, i Hope you can pop some pics of her on here soon.

Horrible people calling her ugly
I'm sure with your love and attention she'll be looking stunning soon and if people cant see around her condition they certainly dont deserve her love.

Well done for fostering, i'd love to do that one day when i'm older, wiser and stronger willed!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:13 PM
I find certain breeds of dog ugly but I would not be so callous as to say this to anyone! I hope she finds a good home (or has she already?).
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Congratulations Zoe on your potential failed foster!!! Coco sounds a real sweetie, I'm sure you can find her a better home than with people so shallow that they would call her ugly. Maybe you don't need to find her a home though...

I don't think I could ever foster, I find it hard handing back some of the dogs that I have walked, once one had spent a couple of days with me it would be so hard to let them go.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:23 PM
She sounds so lovely. What's one extra dog?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Thankyou guys. Here she is!!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Well done you-
there are worse things to be than a failed fosterer -such as a heartless sod who could call a dog in her condition ugly

Looking forward to seeing photos of her

Give her a big hug from me
Maureen

Oh the photo has just come up isnt she gorgeous-such a sad little face
where the hell did those people get "ugly" from?????
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Awww she is gorgeous but I don't think you will ever get her off that settee, she looks stuck to it now
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Aww!!! Shes such a cute little button, Give her a cuddle from us here x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Bless her, what a babe! I think those people must be due an eye test....
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »