Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 10:31 AM

Culture Shock!

I'm helping out a friend by walking his 2 Golden Retrievers and have to say I am amazed at how different they are to my crew.

First shock was the size of the poo!!! Now I can get all 3 of my dog's poos in one bag...with room to spare. These things are massive!

The Goldies are 2 gorgeous boys, one senior, one young, but soooo mellow compared to mine. They are excited and a bit noisy when I pick them up but soon settle down. They just pootle about the park, may indulge in some light squirrel chasing, but completely without Pepper's obsessive intensity. They kind of amble, where as mine tend to dart around. And they can stick their noses in the treat bag without having to jump!

All in all, it's been a bit of a culture shock and, gorgeous as they are, I'll definitely be sticking with the small breeds! (The poo alone is enough to put me off, do people with giant breds take a shovel??? )

J.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Know exactly what you mean about the poo cleaning up after the pap is like clearing up after a Guinea Pig compared to the collies
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Louie at 6 months old churns out at least 3 cowpats a day!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 10:39 AM
LOL I always need 2 bags for each of my Kita's poos!! I've actually never thought about it, but it must be lovely to pick up poos the size of small pencils, not many poo on the bag handles incidents then
Delos
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Mother*ship View Post
First shock was the size of the poo!!! Now I can get all 3 of my dog's poos in one bag...with room to spare. These things are massive!
It's not uncommon to use 2 bags on our boy.

Goldies are 2 gorgeous boys, one senior, one young, but soooo mellow compared to mine. They are excited and a bit noisy when I pick them up but soon settle down. They just pootle about the park, may indulge in some light squirrel chasing, but completely without Pepper's obsessive intensity. They kind of amble, where as mine tend to dart around. And they can stick their noses in the treat bag without having to jump!

All in all, it's been a bit of a culture shock and, gorgeous as they are, I'll definitely be sticking with the small breeds! (The poo alone is enough to put me off, do people with giant breds take a shovel??? )

J.
Goldens have the best nature. (I am a little biased though). If you want to see a Golden go bonkers just take them to the beach. Anything to do with water and they are in ecstasy.

Ahh an excuse to show Harley on the beach

missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2010, 11:08 AM
My aunts new GR puppy is due to be born in Decemeber, they will be picking it up in Feb. So excitied - just hope that Missy can deal with a puppy bigger then her!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 11:34 AM

J.
No - they feed Raw. Minimal waste, you see.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Toby can easily fill three bags!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 12:02 PM
What are you guys feeding? Rupe's poops aren't very big unless he's had something that's upset his tummy a bit. They're small enough to fit in one hand most of the time (with the bag over the hand of course!).
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 12:17 PM
was just thinking about what theyre being fed have to agree with the small dog poo... but i want some big breeds too so going to have to deal with big dog poos too
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >