View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
After reading Lel's post, it's got me thinking about what WOULD happen if a fire ever started. I've kept thier collars on tonight and plan to keep them on.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 07:15 PM
I never have collars on indoors - usually. However the other night Ozzy had his on and rushed into the kitchen before I could grab him and he managed to get the collar hooked onto my kitchen cabinet then started to panic.

I managed to get it undone so no harm was done, but I thought to myself thank heavens I was there, he could have been strangled if he panicked by himself and lost his footing. Food for thought!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
That was one of the reason's why I started taking thier collars off. Storm did the same thing with her collar, but she was jumping about waiting to have her lead clipped on.

Confused now
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion (although has been done before lol!) - this happened to me this week and it really did make me think about how awful it would have been if I hadn't been there - and you'd think the odds were so slim of him managing to hook the collar onto the door handle!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 07:53 PM
ok

what we all have to do is have no collars on in the house - but when we go to bed - have loads of collars hangin beside each window so that in the event of fire we can put them on the dogs !!!!

and I am only half joking here !!!! although its a worry as the firefighter might be only willing to save the dog once he sees me and the husband standing starkers at the window with dog collars LOL LOL
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 08:00 PM
ROFL Brundog. I think just me starkers would probably do the trick, let alone standing there with dog collars
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion (although has been done before lol!)
OM, it's not that difficult to confuse me
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Have to agree with Jess on this one, I like the no body owns me look too! Pic has to wear a collar a) because he just can't be trusted not to loose me and b)because he's thick (see point a!). Woody however nevers wears a collar indoors or out (unless caravanning) as he is IMO 100% depandable. For a start he's nearly 10 plus he has arthritis in his elbows so can't run far before being completely knackered. He would never run away from me in any situation, if theres a problem he runs too me.
About the collar being legal, yes it is against the law not to have a collar on your dog but I've passed the police on the motorway bridge (catching speeders) on a number of occasions and they love him and have never tried to fine me for him not wearing a collar! I would hope they'd have better things to do. Like catch speeders!! There are many things that are illeagal in this country but I bet everyone has has broken the law at some point in there life?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Break the law...moi!!! never I'm an ickle angel
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-03-2005, 09:18 PM
Abby always wears a collar she is an only dog so dont need to worry about her playing and getting it caught one thing that did worry me is on another site I saw how a dog in a crate managed to break the wires at the top of the crate trying to escape and got his collar caught his feet didnt reach the floor and he ended up strangling himself so Im glad Abby isnt in a crate either. She is an escape artist so its handy having her collar on.
Mary
Page 7 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >