Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nicki1971
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Hi, new to website ( fighting bitches )

Hi all,

im new to this website, need some advice please!!
I have a 9 yr old boxer bitch, my boyfriend has a staff/ We want to move in together and dont know how to introduce our dogs, or if they will get on being 2 bitches!
we have tried once, firstly walking them in the park for an hour, and then taking them back to my house, but both attention seeking dogs, got into a fight trying to get my boyfriends attention.

any advice appreciated

thanks
Motley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-05-2011, 01:53 PM
cant advise on intros, but i probably wouldnt tell people you have a pit what with them being illegal too many horror stories of dogs getting taken away
welcome to dogsey
x
nicki1971
New Member!
Female 

03-05-2011, 01:57 PM
thanks, i meant staff !! worse than having kids !
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Welcome to Dogsey..

When I hover over this topic it says you have a pit mix, when I click to open topic the word pit has gone. But pits are illegal.
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Did the walking in the park work ok? If it did then it's more likely to be sorting out top dog position. This tends to kick off on home territories. I think you can't rush this as you could make it worse. It may mean delaying all moving in together for a while.I would spend a lot more time together on nuetral ground until you feel confident about trying the home situation again. Good luck.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Take your time. You absolutely cannot rush the introductions if there have already been squabbles over attention seeking/getting.

I have 2 bitches, bioth 16 months old and both due in season (which doesn't help) who have fought. Fortunately although one came off worse than the other, there was no serious damage done. Now, they are separated if I'm not there. When I am home. I have to go outside into the garden with them. Ihave to constantly watch them for any signs of heightened emotions, watching for if their body language changes etc. It's incredibly hard work and tiring and will take a lot of time to get them anywhere near normal again, if ever at all.

Good luck with your 2.