View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2016, 12:41 PM
Harvey, the problem is now that Steve is doing all the tiling for him he hasn't got so much to do, but Steve is fitting it in with his normal work elsewhere, which is what I guess he has been doing if truth be known.

Hope you are better today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2016, 12:57 PM
I think Steve should bill the landlady for the tiling job!!!
Had everyone out. Zen onto the little park for a run round with the ball and some training before our dry Silver run tomorrow, hoping the rain keeps away, but not looking good.
Cariad and Lona had a walk by the river bank in amongst the trees, Mabs and Kesh onto the country park. Some @rsehole of a fisherman has left his hooks out or something and the young swan has got caught up in it, cyclist was ringing RSPCA when I got up there, it wasn't like that yesterday, today it has swallowed the hook and the float thing was hanging down its neck.
Everyone had a good grooming, handed out bones, Lona and Zen have had smaller ones, yard given a good do, kennels clean and disinfected, fresh bedding down, and everyone is settled down for a nap
We have a Scarecrow Festival in the village this weekend, stalls, farmers market, scarecrow spotting competition. Lots of people wandering about with the programme ticking them off as they find them. Some of them pretty annoying as they looked at the girls as though they were alien beings and scowled and pulled their kids close to them, who also scowled. Girls walking along noticing no one and giving not a bit of trouble as well.
Sad down with a butty and cup of tea for a while. May do housework, it needs it, but then again may sort the garden out, then again may do nuffink
LG hoping the transplant comes through very quickly and you are back firing on all cylinders very soon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2016, 01:18 PM
Steve only offered to do the tiling because as he says he didn't want the same situation as when he goes into the bathroom and looks at the mess her tillers left there. He wont get paid for doing it unless I pay him but because of his contacts he has tiled that bit higher and further in kitchen for the same price as she had agreed within the Bulgarians contract, so hopefully the guy will pay for the tiles, but not the actual tiling. Not sure he has told the landlady what he has agreed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2016, 01:19 PM
I doubt it very much Moyra, as he sounds as lazy, dishonest and unreliable as the day is long. At least the job will look decent though
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Yes, Steve said he couldn't face going into a kitchen with tiles that were out of true. I will grant him that and his father too, they both had very straight eyes and loved to see things perfect.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Just spoken to a lovely lady at Greenmount Wild Bird Hospital, and she's ringing the RSPCA, she agrees with me that they are useless, like she says it is their JOB but they won't do it unless the press are involved. I'll check on it on Monday next time I'm round there. There were other people about, a cyclist was phoning someone about it as well. With any luck they'll have had a few calls about it as well as the wild bird hospital and they will do something for the poor baby
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Good day all - I'm tapping this out on the Mem's computer as mine has committed suicide again (don't know what it is about me and 'putters - we just don't seem compatible). I've phoned Jenny in the village and she will fix it for me if I send it down on Monday. She was just shutting up for the day when I called so was lucky to have caught her.
Hope something can be done for the cygnet June, they are such beautiful harmless creatures. Although we have lots of water on the place we have never had any resident mutes, think we are a bit too high up for them. We do occasionally get migrants resting up with us, but not often enough for my liking.
I'm off to my Scottish project tomorrow again for about a week, so will be absent from the airwaves, probably until next weekend. So please don't go spending that 79p of Harveys on any search parties! lol !
Take care all and look after yourselves, bye for now. G.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2016, 03:16 PM
Afternoon all. Oo depending where you go you might bump into Norma Gordon. Well last class was good. I will let you read about it when the website has been updated. Suffice to say one of our members has taken on another rescue Collie. Bless him he is quite shut down but is responding with the help of their other dog Betsy and their lovely careful handling of him. I cannot ever get my head around why some people are so horrid to dogs. Oh well must away. bfn. have fun Gordon.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Oh Brenda that is lovely that another collie has been rescued. It will be interesting to see how he comes on in the classes. Do have a rest in break between classes.

LG, you too have nice break in the highlands or wherever it is you are heading for. At least we know you are going for a week and we can expect no contact, what a shame. Enjoy yourselves though. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Good afternoon

Have a good time in Scotland Gordon and be good

Pleased you are feeling well Harvey and enjoy your walk with the dogs.

Have a sit down June the housework will still be there tomorrow

Pleased the girls enjoyed their walk and hope the weather holds for training tomorrow.

Good that the training went well Brenda.

As you said Moyra with Steve doing the tiling the kitchen will look somewhere to being decent as it is the tiling that you seem to see the most when it is wrong. I was being sarcastic when I said "poor little man"

Been out to Sovereign Harbour at Eastbourne this afternoon. Plenty of people and dogs enjoying the sun but none in your face. There were two black swans swimming in the marina part and on the way back to the car I overheard a little boy ask his mum why they were black - her reply its because they are young ones
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >