Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2007, 08:33 PM

Total off lead success!

Since getting Vegas from rescue in 2005,some aspects of his training have been an uphill struggle while other parts have been good.His recall initially was very poor,but we got there in the end and is a proud 100%.

For those who may not know,Vegas was 13 months old when i got him and an adolescent isnt an easy dog to train i can tell you-especially when they've been allowed to get away with blue murder with previous owners (im technically his 4th home!)

For ages now,i've been walking him early in the morning off lead where i live-including pavements next to roads,but theres zero traffic here at 5.30am so no danger! I always feel that if you dont give them some degree of trust-they have nothing to work for and progress can be slow.Vegas however now,has matured (he's 2yrs 9mth old) into a wonderful companion who will confidently walk by my side next to a road off lead.

Vegas still acts a total idiot around other dogs bouncing around playing and im not sure if he will ever grow up,but his personality always shines through!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Well done for all the hard work......Good job Vegas.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
brill steve and well done vegas.
i know you have put alot of time and effort into him but hes worth it all and more.
you dont want him to grow up, its what makes him all the more special.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
That is a huge achievement and a great credit to you. I would be really interested to read about how you achieved this - what sort of training you did with him and any advice you could pass on to others.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Well done Steve, and, of course, well done Vegas.