register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2007, 06:44 PM
I have taught Cariad to sit like this, but Maelona wobbles and falls over, they can both roll over on command and also crawl on command, so would love to know how to do 'play dead' as well. I think getting them to keel over when you say 'bang' is really clever as well!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by x_rose_x View Post
tis one of the first things she learned... she comes and gives us a paw if she needs out, wants food, to play etc.

i mean like this:
http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=millie4su8.jpg
ah,

will post how i did it as soon as I get 5 min prob be after all the loonys are orf to work,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I have taught Cariad to sit like this, but Maelona wobbles and falls over, they can both roll over on command and also crawl on command, so would love to know how to do 'play dead' as well. I think getting them to keel over when you say 'bang' is really clever as well!!!

Hi tawney, if your dog will do a down stay, you can then put him on his side I used flat as my command for this, only do it in an enviroment that the dog feels safe and secure to begin with as he will feel a bit vunerable, if you want it as play dead just change the command to play dead, if you want them belly up, use food to lure there head round and you may get it that way, hth
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 10:51 PM
hi megan,
right here goes, start by getting rose into a proper sit with both feet under her not a puppy sit, do this so that her bottom is next to the sofa or something so that she will not fall back and hurt or scare herself, stand infront of her (with clicker and cheese lol ) ask for a paw, when she offers a paw put the food above her so that she has to stretch up to get it, high enough that her second paw comes of the floor, just as the paw comes off floor click and feed, as she knows how the clicker works she should pick it up quickly, build it up as she gains balance so that the paws come up to her middle then if you want it as high as kaos keep going untill you get high ten, if you want the paws lower again just withold the click untill they drop a bit and then click, when she seems to have the knack of it you can do it without the support, be careful not to let her fall back though, oh and make sure you dont click if she jumps up and takes her bottom off the floor!! you should have it pretty quick,,, lol homework on line eh when your little girls in season,,,, good luck. photos please
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
you should have it pretty quick,,, lol homework on line eh when your little girls in season,,,, good luck. photos please
will try 2moro with her, ill try n get pics of how she does

well she needs something to keep her busy since she aint out on walkies for aslong for the next 2 n 1/2 weeks,
once weve got that down might try something else.. anyone got any suggestions??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:46 AM
jumping through your arms and leg weaves whilst walking oh and rewind??
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:48 AM
jumping through your arms and leg weaves whilst walking oh and rewind??
will try n work on the weaves.... by rewind do ya just mean the weaves but her going backwards through legs... like shadow??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:54 AM
more like sat at heal and going back round your both legs untill she gets back to heal, back weaves are a bit harder she needs to know heal and the opposite side (other) to go back when walking, not sure i have explained it well??
x_rose_x
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2007, 12:55 AM
more like sat at heal and going back round your both legs untill she gets back to heal, back weaves are a bit harder she needs to know heal and the opposite side (other) to go back when walking, not sure i have explained it well??
yeah i understand

Thanks
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2007, 11:56 AM
thanks for the advice. I will have a try at this when it stops raining and also when I have access to the enclosed ball park area again - which is when all the little darlings go back to school - hopefully Monday??? They catch onto things fairly quickly (sometimes too quickly....) so will tag it on the end of my training sessions.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2