View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
buyler
New Member!
Female 

05-01-2007, 06:06 PM
yes, i've already begun to realize that. i find myself on this site whenever i have a lull at work. but you're all so helpful and welcoming, how could i not??!?!?!

so now that its been a few days and emotions aren't running so high, i've begun to realize where we went wrong with romeo. being given to me at 2 weeks old and therefore not given the chance to socialize with his brothers and sisters, had a much greater effect on his personality than i had ever realized. and thanks to all you knowledgable dog lovers, i now understand that. he was raised by and with people, so he's totally human socialized, and was raised with another female, so he's opposite-sex socialized. but max was the first male romeo had ever met, and although the aggression wasn't instant, it was basically there from the start. i now truly believe that this awful incident is based, at least in part, on my not giving romeo the correct amount of exposure he needed.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
could be the root of your problems, but as long as you know to keep him away from males you should be ok.
some dogs inc my boy will tolerate a certain amount from another male but if push came to shove they will stand up for themselfs and its some thing that can be avoided if you know he as issues with other males.
the fact you have had him since 2 weeks old is very young and he would have missed out of alot of natural behaviour.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I do hope it all works out well for you.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2007, 09:14 PM
i havent read the entire thread but throwing in my tuppence worth china was extremely dog aggressive not as much with males but with females, she would go for them, with training she is fine with males and better with females, but she is always on lead and we are just very careful, and in 2yrs we have had her she hsnt attcked another dog without provocation.....

hope a resolution is found.....
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6