View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Have not commented on this thread yet, but would like to say, I think it is about time it was closed! there have been a lot of personal hurtful things said, and it has gone way off the original topic, would also like to add, Esme is the most caring, loving, dog lover I know, and insults to her have also hurt me! Everything that can be said on this thread has been said over and over again, so please put it to rest!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Did not matter when professions were brought into thread as it was not needed imo.
As for seatbelts Well I will now get ma tin hat on and prepare myself for a slating Cause I do not wear one
You wont get one from me, maybe from the police though when they catch you
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Hahaha Nope target will be locked to white van man lol
Poor white van man, he gets the flack of all road users
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
Have not commented on this thread yet, but would like to say, I think it is about time it was closed! there have been a lot of personal hurtful things said, and it has gone way off the original topic, would also like to add, Esme is the most caring, loving, dog lover I know, and insults to her have also hurt me! Everything that can be said on this thread has been said over and over again, so please put it to rest!
Absolutely agree. This thread has been totally pointless for pages and pages. The simple question that was originally asked has been beaten to death.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

19-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Absolutely agree. This thread has been totally pointless for pages and pages. The simple question that was originally asked has been beaten to death.
A thread will only close naturally when people stop posting in it.

Yet it seems people still are
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
A thread will only close naturally when people stop posting in it.

Yet it seems people still are
I've taken my comments to pm so as not to affect the run of this thread.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Can I just ask people, and this is kind of on topic if your walking next to the road with your dog would you,

A. Walk the dog on a extenable unlocked cord lead, where the dog is on a lead, but able to move around more freely, but with a force the lead can snap, allowing the dog to be on the road uncontrolled until you or someone else is able to take control again,

or

B. Have the dog secured with a short strong lead, keeping the dog secured at your side, there is still a chance that the lead could snap, but the chance is lessened, and the dogs safety is increased?

So would you do A or B, now if this was concering your dog in your car do you not think that the main points, dogs secrured etc are the same, would you do a different option in the car then walking the dog on the path next to a road, and if so why?

Maybe some have taken it personally as their profession was brought into the thread to try and make them feel as if they should be considering their dogs safetyt more due to their profession lol Which imo was laughable but so wrong
Different professions give people different experiences, they make up part of that person, I am still shocked and saddend at how you think, I am a lay person, but I have family members who are ill, thankfully, in some respect because of what my cousin has is rare things are being tested on him, so he is not so affected by the budget being used on things that if people thought about what they were doing could be prevented (and I have had a go at someone who got injured boarding off road, as he went with no protection, and no-one else and got injured, his own fault, but he could of easily taken money away from someone who deserved it imo, a little boy also has been injured down a skatepark, he is now in a coma because he had no protection, that wasn't his fault as he was young, but a helmet could of saved a lot of damage, and over protection would of been a bonus).

How many times a day do you or any of your colleges moan about the lack of funding that the NHS gets? IMO it is not the goverments fault that the NHS is how it is, the NHS is a life saver, its people that are almost abusing it, as they are not taking responsibilty for their actions, they are allowing someone else to take responsibilty for the mess they cause, the NHS, if I, a lay person can see this, why can't you, someone who is involved in this?

For every action that someone does their is ripple effects, someone injuring themselves and others because they feel that what they are doing there is not enough of a risk to warrent putting up safety measures, they are not only risking themselves, others, and in this case their pets, but they can put strain on things like the NHS, when money has to be spent helping them get better, and someone else who is relying on the NHS to survive (like my cousin is) might not have the funding to help them, my cousin has seen people he knows die because a lack of funding, so if you do not see the risk of driving with a unrestrained dog and get in a accident about it, you are not only affecting your own life, the lives of those involved, even if they just saw it happen something like a fatal crash can have a impact on their mental state, you can be affecting the lives of someone laying in a hospital bed, and their family, although on the other hand you could be allowing someone to live with the use of one of your organs.

As you are in the system I can't believe that you don't see all of this, unless its a case of can't see the woods for the trees. Oh and if you want to laugh at all that do, I for one don't think its funny.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You wont get one from me, maybe from the police though when they catch you
Nor from me.

But there is a small part of me that thinks, that when she's being cleaned up off the road after getting personal with the windscreen, she'll have got just what she's been asking for.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 01:57 PM
To answer the question in the thread title.

No, I don't let my dogs hang their heads out of the car window. But tbh, as they travel in the boot or footwell anyway, they're never in the position to do so, and honistly, I hadn't really thought about it until this thread.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Did not matter when professions were brought into thread as it was not needed imo.
As for seatbelts Well I will now get ma tin hat on and prepare myself for a slating Cause I do not wear one
I do agree profession was not needed. But Crestnut If I see you with out your seat belt on lady I will smack your bottom!
Page 48 of 49 « First < 38 45 46 47 48 49 >