Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
Awww bless your heart! We've all been there, rubbing folk up the wrong way cos we're stressed, more than once. I'm sure once this thread finally dies it will all be forgotten.
I hope so and thanks for your post. I do feel bad for taking out my rage on folk on here as it's not like me to get so wound up.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I've taken it personally because I'm generally irritable and temperamental at the moment due to stresses at home! No excuse I know but I think I may be taking a break from social situations in general as I seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way lately and am overly defensive.
aw sorry to hear that, keep your chin up and take care! If something/some one bugs you turn the laptop off and take Monty for a walk works a treat, promise! x
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Hugs hun, I know where your coming from, as with everything this will die a death xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx kisses from the gang hun
Thanks, i know you know where I'm coming from and I appreciate the advice and support you've offered. Xx

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
aw sorry
to hear that, keep your chin up and take care! If something/some one bugs you turn the laptop off and take Monty for a walk works a treat, promise! x
Monty is pretty good at giving me perspective and cheering me up and with my OH being away so much I don't know what I'd do without Monty.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Anytime

your more than welcome xxxxxx
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i agree

why has everyone taken this thread so personaly?.. as said ,its your choice (at the moment),how you travel with your own dogs,if you think its the right way then whats the prob?
(
Maybe some have taken it personally as their profession was brought into the thread to try and make them feel as if they should be considering their dogs safetyt more due to their profession lol Which imo was laughable but so wrong
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 12:27 AM
I've taken it personally because I'm generally irritable and temperamental at the moment due to stresses at home! No excuse I know but I think I may be taking a break from social situations in general as I seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way lately and am overly defensive.
Stay Strong Its not you
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
It's only an opinion, If you think your dog travels well then why would you care what others think.

But then again If a mum let her childs jump around the car, or not wear a seat belt I bet alot of people would say the parents were foolish and didnt care to much about the childs safety.
I agree, if you think that your dog already travels safely, then why get het up?

i will never be happy with a dogs head out the window, ever. but if you are happy to do so then carry on.

We are heads in, you are heads out. we are not the window police, you dont need to keep on trying to justify yourselfs your dog your choice
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i dont see why money would come into it at all. it wouldnt matter how much jake cost me, i would still love him the same. he cost me £75... and yesterday cost me £70 in the vets! wouldve been a hell of a lot more but his insurance is covering the rest.

you have already said, that i apparently let him travel in an unsafe way... so do i really undervalue him, when yesterday i spent practically the whole day in tears coz he was injured? i had to rush him to the vets, missed work (which of course lost me money), spent money in the vets with him, and now have to watch him like a hawk and have a good few weeks looking after him with his wound. i would do anything for my jake, and i really hurts and offends me that someone would actually say that because they do not agree with how my dog travels, that i undervalue him... basically that i dont care about him, or his safety!
I think the point everyone has been trying to make is imagine if his poorliness and vet bills (irrelevant I know) were the result of him being injured in the car from not having been properly restrained. How would you feel then, if you feel this bad for him now?

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I agree, if you think that your dog already travels safely, then why get het up?

i will never be happy with a dogs head out the window, ever. but if you are happy to do so then carry on.

We are heads in, you are heads out. we are not the window police, you dont need to keep on trying to justify yourselfs your dog your choice
Agree, although I know what the response would be.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Aww, please don't take a break.

When I feel like you do at the moment, rather than withdrawing altogether, I simply ignore the threads and the people that I know will wind me up and just do the picture threads and jokes and games and stuff like that.

((((big hugs))))
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Whoa, i said that I had not called you a liar and have made it clear that i don't think that of you and actually feel quite bad that I may've upset you. Those that know me well enough will know that i don't like arguments and i don't like to upset people or to think that people think i'm an ******** because i'm not.

I never called you a liar and I AM VERY SORRY IF YOU THINK I DID. If you read back through my posts i never called you a liar and i'm fed of people saying I did. Our conversation regarding the westie was reasonably amicable before Jackbox jumped in and said i'd called you a liar.

I'm through with this ******* thread because I can't be ***** with the hassle and grief it's causing and being made out to be the bad guy by one particular person.

Don't blame me for what you wrote!!

Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Maybe some have taken it personally as their profession was brought into the thread to try and make them feel as if they should be considering their dogs safetyt more due to their profession lol Which imo was laughable but so wrong
Some had taken it personally long before their profession was brought into this thread!!

Restraining dogs in cars is not yet law , and until that day people will continue to take risks!!

What baffles me is the fact everyone knows the importance of wearing seat belts in cars... who would travel in a car without one!!

you would not allow children/adults to travel in your car, unrestrained on the back seat, or travel along with their head out the window, because logic tells you its unsafe.

Yet the same logic is lost on some with their dogs"

1) we assess the risks as not high enough to worry over , in allowing our dogs to stick their head out the window,

2) we assess the risks as too high , to allow our children to stick their head out of the car window.

Whats the difference,??????
Page 46 of 49 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 >