Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 10:35 PM

Ooooh it's THAT time of year again

Time for Jack our rabbit to come in for the winter. Yes I know, he's a rabbit, he has fur and will cope with the cold but....I hate the idea of him being out there freezing his little hairy bahooch off and he's getting on in years (I think, we've had him for two years and his previous owners had him at least two years before that) so just trying to decide which room will be his home for the winter.

I suspect he's going to end up in here with us again
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2009, 11:11 PM
well i think that is lovely and that jack is a lucky bunny to have such a caring mum!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
We used to have guinea pigs when I was a kid and during the winter we used to lift their hutch into the greenhouse and let them have the whole run of the greenhouse floor. They loved it! They even used to have a mouse that moved with them and always lived under their hutch!

Good luck with moving your rabbit indoors, I bet it will appreciate the warmth!!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm feeling guilty about my bunnies. This year is the first time they have stayed out for the winter as their hutch is too big to bring in and I know free range they will chew my table legs But the guinea pigs are in and Geoge the tortoise is bedded down and safely in the garage for the winter. Oh and me and the dogs are in front of the fire
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
I'm feeling guilty about my bunnies. This year is the first time they have stayed out for the winter as their hutch is too big to bring in and I know free range they will chew my table legs But the guinea pigs are in and Geoge the tortoise is bedded down and safely in the garage for the winter. Oh and me and the dogs are in front of the fire
LOL, oh no, we don't have that issue with Jack, he just terrorises Dougal and the cats instead.

Between you, me and the fencepost, I think he thinks he's a dog in disguise...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
LOL, oh no, we don't have that issue with Jack, he just terrorises Dougal and the cats instead.

Between you, me and the fencepost, I think he thinks he's a dog in disguise...
lol, I have a cat like that,

I guess its best to be in if poss in the winter,
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Pigsey the guinea pig came into his winter quarters in the dining room last week