Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Max's "official" name is:

Norman Jackson

We put down our choices on the reg form, and the first one was Maxwell Norman Jackson, but the KC registered him as Norman Jackson....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
What a lovely name for such a beautiful posh little girl

My lots fancy names are, (hope you've got a spare 10 minutes) :

Bailey - Downend William of Orange at Tawnymeade (his breeder had a royal theme as his sire was called Laverstoke Another Monarch as his dad was Happy Monarch)
Ohhhh my b/f will love that name, he'll be on his way to pinch his majesty (same time I come for my Alfie! :smt007 )
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Ashmarlis on a Mission is Maddy's. Her breeder had chosen the names and I got to choose from the list. Wish now i'd maybe went for something a little calmer!

Mini Silver Ash is Dusty's. Her breeder chose it but I think it's lovely.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Lovely posh name for your girl - love the piccies too! She is gorgeous!

Sacha is 'Clever Clogs' - she always lived up to her name despite being an Irish cos she was very clever!

Maxy is 'Spring Twilight' - all the litter had a Spring theme having been born in Spring!

Charlie is 'champers bubbles' - he was nicknamed Champagne Charlie but couldn't have that name so Champers Bubbles was the next thing!

Hamish is 'Treyarnon' - a beach in cornwll

Angus is 'Man on the Moon' - born on a full moon so we chose a moon themed name

Connor is 'Morning Glory' - this litter all began with M and were tree/plant names.

I love it when there is a reason for a name and it is very aptly suited to a dog!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Ashmarlis on a Mission is Maddy's. Her breeder had chosen the names and I got to choose from the list. Wish now i'd maybe went for something a little calmer!

Mini Silver Ash is Dusty's. Her breeder chose it but I think it's lovely.
at Maddys - Someone told me about names that affect personalities - I know of a Wreakin' Havoc - and boy does she!!! Also knew of a Mayhem who was just the same - so I have made a mental note on that one!! IF and a very big IF I ever take the plunge to breed!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Patch congrats on the posh name it's lovely.My wee Asta has Princess Charlotte Jade for hers,you won't get much more posh than a princess eh.Wish she would act like one though.lol xxxxx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I didn't get to choose Takara's name, her breeder sent off for names with 'gentleman' or 'quiet' in them because Takara's daddy is 'Quiet Gentleman'

She kept Tafuta Quiet Please for the bitch she was keeping - that would have been perfect for T, instead we had a choice between 'Tafuta Oh So Quiet' or 'Tafuta Gentleman's Liaison'
There was no way she'd become Gentleman's Liaison so we went for the ironic 'Oh So Quiet'. Temping fate I guess!

Eddy doesn't have an official posh name as he isn't KC reg'd but his posh name awarded to him by my dad is 'Edwardicus Dinkum' Don't ask.
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Ah cool new posh name patch!!

Fudges posh name is Ballabeg Orrisdales Orry, Ballabeg and Orrisdale are places on the Isle of Man Man and Orry was an ancient king here!! Theres some trivia for you!
Teal'c
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Stargate SG1 fans will probably recognise where her posh name comes from but for those who don`t, in an episode of Stargate, T`Akaya is the name of a good alien posing as a spirit guardian for a tribe of Salish Indians displaced from earth by the Goa`uld [ bad guys ], and wonderful Wiccaweys :smt023 is the rescue I adopted her from.
Wohoooooo awesome name
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Awwww thats a nice posh name.

Vienna's 'posh' name (not chosen by me) is Mahlek Olakhota Madame Mantolina. Quite a long one no?! Anyway the 'madame' bit certainly suits her cos she can be a right madam when she feels like it!

Murphy has a 'posh' name but we dont know it cos he is a rescue and they wouldnt tell us so he could have huge champion lines and we will never know. No idea what i would pick for him if i got a choice. OH would probably pick something like 'Streamlined Velvet Thirst Quencher' or 'Fastest Biscuit Eater in the South' or some other silly name.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >