Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Ah so people CHOOSE to be born to certain people, they CHOOSE to grow up and live in towns where there is mass unemployment?

The people on this thread CHOOSE to be surrounded by "chavs"?

Everyone has total control over their life?

So tell me, if you grew up on a sink estate, in a town where there was very little employment, poor role models and no money how would you CHOOSE to elevate yourself?

I am really interested.
Ohh yes because I said all that didnt I ... Hmm.

I most certainly wouldnt be the type to 'blame' my up bringing, and whats going on around me for my failings. I would do my best to provide myself with a decent lifestyle, seeking a decent career.

Its so easy to blame our parents, up brings and anything else for sitting around all day job less. People need a real kick up the back side, only we can go out and make the best of our lives..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
and you do not think education plays a part in life choices and opportunities?

So if you can take a few minutes to imagine that you are a lone parent who lives in a rural area on benefits with poor yet expensive transport links, how do you CHOOSE to better your life? How do you CHOOSE to get off benefits?
where theres a will theres a way, people just cant be bothered to go and do something with their lives, more fool them. would you believe theres even jobs you can do at home, and onlines courses to better your education.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Ohh yes because I said all that didnt I ... Hmm.

I most certainly wouldnt be the type to 'blame' my up bringing, and whats going on around me for my failings. I would do my best to provide myself with a decent lifestyle, seeking a decent career.

Its so easy to blame our parents, up brings and anything else for sitting around all day job less. People need a real kick up the back side, only we can go out and make the best of our lives..
But you blamed DOGS for being a product of their surroundings and their upbringing?

But people are not?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:11 PM
where theres a will theres a way, people just cant be bothered to go and do something with their lives, more fool them. would you believe theres even jobs you can do at home, and onlines courses to better your education.
Jobs you can do at home for a living wage?

What would these be then?

And on line courses cost money!

and so does a computer....... and internet connection and you need the space and room to be able to study without interruption.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:14 PM
But you blamed DOGS for being a product of their surroundings and their upbringing?

But people are not?
Dogs and people are totally different.. a dog will act in alot of cases due to past experiences, due to the way its treated, and trained.
a dog that has been trained to be aggressive has no idea that if it bites someone its done something wrong, thats how it was taught to behaviour.

I would hope any decent person brought up around violence, drug taking, stealing and the like could see this was wrong and have the will power to make themselve, the complete opposite. If you grew up around the above, then turned out the same I have no doubt that it was because its what you was brought up around, but its still YOUR life choices, you cant blame the fact that its what you witnessed..You had a choice to be different.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Jobs you can do at home for a living wage?

What would these be then?

And on line courses cost money!

and so does a computer....... and internet connection and you need the space and room to be able to study without interruption.
I wouldnt know - I prefer the hands on type of job, getting my hands stunk in, but jobs from home are not unheard of.

Some onlines courses will be funded, if you recieve certain benefits I believe?

Them on benefits are getting more money than that of them paid the min wage? Im sure internet isnt a problem for them, probs sit on FB all day playing games
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:16 PM
thats a very fluffly and unrealistic answer.

Please imagine you are in the position where you are responsible for these young children and you are feeling pretty isolated, you don't have a family that will care for your children, you cant afford much to the point of missing meals yourself at times to provide for them. Transport links are poor and expensive too. What EXACTLY are you going to CHOOSE to do to get off benefits? (with your lack of education and employment prospects)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Dogs and people are totally different.. a dog will act in alot of cases due to past experiences, due to the way its treated, and trained.

So do people, people are just as much a product of their environment as dogs are.

There is an old saying.

Children learn what they live!

a dog that has trained to be aggressive has no idea that if it bites someone its done something wrong, thats how it was taught to behaviour.

A child that has been trained to be aggressive has no idea that if it hits someone it has done something wrong, that is how they were taught to behave, by their parents, by their siblings, by their peers.

I would hope any decent person brought up around violence, drug taking, stealing and the like could see this was wrong and have the will power to make themselve, the complete opposite. If you grew up around the above, then turned out the same I have no doubt that it was because its what you was brought up around, but its still YOUR life choices, you cant blame the fact that its what you witnessed..You had a choice to be different.
Really??????????????????

Where does this decent person come from, did they materialise out of thin air by immaculate conception and received no input by their parents, siblings, peers?

What choices do you think some people in these areas can make?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
thats a very fluffly and unrealistic answer.

Please imagine you are in the position where you are responsible for these young children and you are feeling pretty isolated, you don't have a family that will care for your children, you cant afford much to the point of missing meals yourself at times to provide for them. Transport links are poor and expensive too. What EXACTLY are you going to CHOOSE to do to get off benefits? (with your lack of education and employment prospects)
I wouldnt be in the position in the first place..(never having kids an all that).

Theres people to help, theres advice.

although I must point out that I have not moaned about anyone on benefits, I merely made the point that those on benefits seem to be able to do a wee bit more than those who work hours aweek to supply for a family.

(Jeremy Kyle, did a great show on this the other week)
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I wouldnt know - I prefer the hands on type of job, getting my hands stunk in, but jobs from home are not unheard of.

Exactly you would not know, stuffing envelopes for £1.50 a thousand.

Some onlines courses will be funded, if you recieve certain benefits I believe?

How do these people get to know about these alleged courses?

Them on benefits are getting more money than that of them paid the min wage?

You know this for a fact do you?

Im sure internet isnt a problem for them, probs sit on FB all day playing games
Yet another assumption based on no actual knowledge or experience.
Page 13 of 19 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »