Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 09:40 AM

Crufts Obedience Day 1

The Inter Regional Competition

Well Thursday is the day that the regions of the UK send teams to Crufts in the top five Obedience Classes to compete Against each other

Non of the dogs are Ob Champions & they are only allowed two BC/WSD in each team, so it's a chance to see/take part with the other breeds & non breeds that take part in Obedience

There are details of the dogs taking part on the Obedience UK site & through the miracles of Wi Fi technology the ObUk people report directly to their site on the Crufts update page.

I have two friends taking part Janice with the gorgeous Working Beardie Georgie(lol not that I am biased but Georgie has worked under me & is superb & I do have a soft spot for Beardies)in the B class & Michelle with her BC x WSD(therefore a WSD) fantastic Flynn in the C class. Janice is in the Northern team who I am also supporting(well I do live in the North LOL) & Michelle is in the Welsh team as she now lives in Wales

I'll post updates here as I get them & my shopping trip today will be very short!

Update after the inital ring work in Novice (before the stays)the Midlands are in the lead by half a mark from the Northern Team & a further point in front of the Western Team

Update after the ring work in A & before the stays & scent the positions are Midlands, Western Northern the points difference is only half a point between each team

The Novice Individual was won by Wales
Linda Howells Ruff'n Ready In A Flash Novice XB TEMP C HOL 1.5 REC 1 RET 0 HF 2 SUB TOTAL 4.5 STAYS CLEAR TOTAL 4.5
Class A Individual was won by Western
Tanya Grigg Decoymans Piper Ariadne For Tanmark A NSDTR HF 3 REC 0.5 RET 0.5 SUB TOTAL 4 STAYS CLEAR SCENT 0.5 TOTAL 4.5
The team scores are converted into points so are a little more difficult to work out LOL well that is my excuse

Class B individual was won by Western
Charlotte Harding Bekkis Beyond Belief AW Aex B BC HF 6 SA 0 RET 1 SUB TOTAL 7 STAYS CLEAR SCENT 1 TOTAL 8

They are now doing the final set of stays for Class C after which there will just be the scent to do & then the results to work out

They do not simply go on points lost The winner of each class is given 15 points & the points are then awarded in graduated order 14 for second, 13 for 3rd etc etc

They never show the inter regional obedience on TV they only show tiny bits of obedience from the championships

It would be nice if they did show it on TV as tehre are loads of different breeds for example a Rottie is leading class C at present ! It might be on tonight but I very much doubt it.

Final results are:

1st Midlands 52 points

2nd Western 51 points

3rd Northern 47 points

4th Southern 43 points

5th Wales 33 points

6th Scotland 29 points

7th Northern Ireland 21 points
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Will this be shown on the tv and if so do you know when?