Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Think I should keep him onlead?

His recalls rubbish, sometimes taking at least 3/4 shouts to get him to respond, and even then its not always a full recall, he picks up things on walks, and can become a nuisance with them, including things like sticks or stones, he can eat things on walks, and spends way too long in the bushes, recently annoying a wasp nest and getting us all stung, he can run into the distance as far away from you as he can, or can dawdle causing issues for everyone else, or just being a pain. Think I should only walk him onlead? Mind you, this isn't a dog, its a friends kid, is it allowed to walk seven year olds on leads? Oh and the eatings blackberrys, don't worry bout that .
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Lol naughty! I was just about to move this to the training section
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 07:15 PM
I'd rather have my three x four legged daughters than my four x two legged grandkids.

My three girls don't answer me back, don't turn their noses up at my cooking, don't tell me it's time I "got with it", don't use my computer when I WANT to, and go to bed when I tell them.

No thanks ... give me my dogs and my cat ANY DAY!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Is it mean that I often wish there was a leash law for children? Oddly enough the kids out here are remarkably well behaved compared to the kids in the UK....
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2011, 07:28 PM
That made me chuckle I was about to write reams on how we can never let our dog offlead!!!!!

Unruly children should definitely be put on a lead.......and caged when you return home
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
His recalls rubbish, sometimes taking at least 3/4 shouts to get him to respond, and even then its not always a full recall, he picks up things on walks, and can become a nuisance with them, including things like sticks or stones, he can eat things on walks, and spends way too long in the bushes, recently annoying a wasp nest and getting us all stung, he can run into the distance as far away from you as he can, or can dawdle causing issues for everyone else, or just being a pain. Think I should only walk him onlead? Mind you, this isn't a dog, its a friends kid, is it allowed to walk seven year olds on leads? Oh and the eatings blackberrys, don't worry bout that .
Lovely, gave me a good
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 09:21 AM
this made me laugh but i must admit i love taking my little brother out on walks with me hes 11 now and he does dawdle sometimes, and he likes to look at things. hes into science and nature and likes to investigate everything, but the dogs like to investigate stuff too so i dont mind him dawdling a bit, youre only a kid once, and he doesnt sound that badly behaved to some kids ive seen
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
this made me laugh but i must admit i love taking my little brother out on walks with me hes 11 now and he does dawdle sometimes, and he likes to look at things. hes into science and nature and likes to investigate everything, but the dogs like to investigate stuff too so i dont mind him dawdling a bit, youre only a kid once, and he doesnt sound that badly behaved to some kids ive seen
Your brother sounds like mine, except he is 15 (mentally 12/13).

I think you should invest in a long line! But if he is anything like my brother was would run as far as he could and then unclip himself!!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Your brother sounds like mine, except he is 15 (mentally 12/13).

I think you should invest in a long line! But if he is anything like my brother was would run as far as he could and then unclip himself!!
hehe hes not that bad to be honest i dont mind him, he comes out with random stuff all the time though and im like "how the hell do you know that your 11 haha"
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Is this where I admit, that when hubby's gone wandering off in Tescos for the fifth time that evening and I've turned to say something to him and he's vanished, that I often wish you could put husbands on leads as well?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >