Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 22nd February

Good morning everyone

Hope your night was uneventful June.

Dont go overdoing the garden Harvey.

Pleased baby Joel is home and now doing well.

Last train trip today can't day I will miss the easy mornings. Planning on getting out into the garden again today and might even give the lawn a light cut as in parts the grass is very long.

Have a good day and stay safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 07:49 AM
Good morning Sue and all who follow. No word from the hospital so it is a case of sit and wait.

Glad baby Joel is home again and feeding. It is better to be safe than sorry where new borns are concerned.

Hope Mabs and the girls behaved themselves last night June and you managed to get some sleep.

Lynn, hope Dillons paw is better today. Bless him.

Thanks Harvey will do my best to keep you all informed but depends how much notice I get. I am wondering if poor Gordon has been on dialysis and that is why we have not heard from him.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well and hopefully miss Doris currently attacking the north I believe. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 08:18 AM
I have been keeping up with everything that has been going on. So good morning each and all to follow. Pleased to hear that baby Joel is ok. Hope all goes well with you Moyra. Sue I cut both my grassy bits Monday and finished off Tuesday after moving the bench seat. Lynn boots for dogs feet can be bought quite cheaply from ebay. Which is where I got mine from. Hope LG is ok. But he did say he would be busy. Off now to Catch up with emails. BFN.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
Sue you deserve a very long lie-in.
Moyra have they definitely said dialysis ? If they haven't confirmed yet I do hope there is another way they can help you.
brenda will take a look at ebay thank you. Have seen some elsewhere that are breathable which he needs as he does get sweaty paws. They are also designed differently to the boot he has after his op which was pretty useless.

Wet here and already windy in preparation for hurricane Doris tomorrow. Off to vet this afternoon for Dillon's 3rd cartrophen injection. Have to load him from the front of the house today as left car on the road reluctantly the man is coming to dig the holes for posts for new gates this morning and I doubt he will be finished by 1.30 when I will need to leave.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Lynn, the doctor said yesterday that it may mean dialysis. So I guess it will depend on what the consultant finds.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Relieved Joel is home already with his mummy and that he was sorted out quickly, his mummy must have been so happy to get him out so fast.
Everywhere sopping wet here and we have the Storm forecast for tomorrow. Will need an underwater mower to cut mine, grass seeds are sprouting in the sea of mud that is my grass at present
Slept till 6am and turned over and woke again at 8am, first full nights sleep for a very long time. Will keep Mabs on this routine for a week and see if it calms her down. She lay by the side of the couch last night on a rug that she likes, let her out at bedtime whilst I did the breakfasts, brought her back in and she spent the night on a thick folded blanket with an old sheet and bathmat on top. This morning I found a trainer of mine there, not chewed, just cuddled up to I put a kiddies bedmat down (larger than a puppy pad) in case, but she never used it. She's outside now and its quiet at present. Dry morning, going to be very muddy wherever we go though
Moyra hoping they get you in and made better very quickly.
Lovely to hear from you Brenda, hoping you are OK and Tyto is well
Lynn, got fingers crossed your car is safe and Dillon goes in with out a problem
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-02-2017, 10:17 AM
What a morning!

Scrwfix=ScrewUP

Ordered an item from Screwfix and paid via Paypal. Sue going to collect it and Screwfix won't release it to her even though she has ID. If paying by paypal the person on the paypal accout can only collect with ID

So rang head office who will do a refund to paypal and Sue will have to pay on her credit card. I have never heard of such a screwup farce which is what the company should be called.

Next decided to get petrol lawnmower ready for the season, so oil change easy?yes erm NO. I have never on all the petrol engines I have owned never seen how impossible to do an engine oil change this is. What I presume is the oil drain plug (no instructions anywhere) is lower that the cutting blade raised cover, so it can't be drained that way.
So searching on the web others with the same problem like me have found a large syringe designed for the job which is inserted down the filler hole. How stupid is that??? beyond me.

Needless to say Sue is mad at me even though I am trying to do it as she wants to mow the lawn this afternoon Why?

On top of that the internet is playing up and not responding properly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2017, 11:10 AM
Sorry Mandy I forgot to say how pleased I am Joel is now home.
Moyra everything crossed it doesn't come to dialysis.
Glad you had a better night June.

Car safe but round the corner in the pub car park there is some heavy duty equipment left overnight has been there a few weeks the road is being dug up and new pipes laid. Taking it's time due to some bungalows being on cesspit and a dispute who should pay water board or council.
Anyway the guy who sits in his pick up turning traffic away was directing the hgv that had just dropped a piece of equipment off over the bridge.
He came to say hello he has seen Dillon being walked and was wanting an opportunity to say hello he has dogs and is is very into dogs.
A large piece of equipment was stolen last night. They got through the padlock on the harris fencing built around the heavy duty container it was locked up in.
Apparently they had a go a few weeks ago but something put them off.
The guy said most likely done in daylight all they need is a pickup with chevrons on it and nobody bats an eyelid.
Whoever and whenever seems nobody heard anything.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Has anyone seen or heard of griff ? Hope she is ok.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Moyra, sorry you aren't doing so great...hope all goes well for you
Mandy, glad Joel is home
Lynn, we had muttluk boots...cheaper to import from america than buy in uk
Had a mad few days here, neighbours sons bike got nicked off the rack of his car at the weekend..so been having to deal with the police as i saw who did it, then Kota had her op...so that is a nightmare, waiting for the results from the lump and then my aunty got diagnosed with breast cancer...had to tell my dad that bit of news..i get all the good jobs me!! at least it isn't my aunty ginny as she is like my best mate and i would be gutted
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >