View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 10:15 PM
I get it now. I live in Israel therefore I have a culture difference. I suppose the fact that I was born and brought up in England and only left there when I was 43½ years old is immaterial.

I have not insulted you or your lifestyle, but now you are implying that because I live in Israel I must have a different culture to you.

NOW who is being judgmental?

As for abusive language, saying "How bloody dare you" is hardly polite, is it not?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
Umm, how we parent is being criticized so yes we are "getting out of pram" and we're the only two being insulted.....so yeap....
Pot and kettle spring to mind are you not critisizing everyone else and saying your way is the right way and everyone else is babying their kids and stopping them from growing up and being independant ? I think you are and your being quite arsey about it too.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
That is interesting that they didn't have large families themselves!

The bakery family did seem much nicer, the others were most bizarre!
I'm not really sure as to why they didn't have larger family's, I suspect the youngest (2 may have more in time as she said as much too me. I have no problem with people having big family's at all, if they take care of them. Said aunt and uncle who had the 15 children survived souly of the uncle's wage as a plumber, and had pride in this.
Three grandparents were one of seven, and another one of fourteen. My mum is one of seven too. Big family's are quite common in ours it seems, not sure I'd be quite as up for that tradition though!

But as a side note, both my other half and I live at home with our family's still due to simply not being able to afford a mortgage on somewhere at this current time. We live between the two houses quite comfortably paying our way with both. I don't know anyone between the ages of about 18 and 24 that don't infact still live at home. Most, like us, are saving for a deposit on a decent house to start a good future for ourselves
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Mods, can something pleasebe done about the spiteful and hateful, twisting that Lorna and.Racheal are doing here. NOBODY commented on their sexuality, yet both have implied otherwise.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
This post is rediculous! I tried to report but for some reason it didnt connect.
as for not judging, have a look at some of your OHs posts when it comes to benefits etc
To come on here RANTING and.accuse ppl of being homophobic because they don't agree/do things differently is both childish and un called for.
I find the tone abusive actually! And I'm not exactly one to keep my views in.
Agreed! I can't actually believe homophobia was brought into it tbh Because we didn't agree with your comments about chucking the kids out at 18 we're all homophobic?? I think you'll find it's nothing to do with that, not one of us could give a rats ass tbh what your sexual orientation is.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I think they should stop child benefit altogether.

You have children when you can afford to have them and when you can what's a crappy £20 a week anyway?!
My sister doesn't believe this. (insert rolly eyes) she is 17. Is due in may and doesn't want the father to have anything to do with it. She's dropped out of college, and because she lives with mum and her husband and brother, the house isn't big enough. She will instantly get a council house because she is a single mum. She will get it paid for her because she does not work and can not. This annoys me who pays taxes and works and can't get a council house because I am not needy. That's a whole other threa though
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I get it now. I live in Israel therefore I have a culture difference. I suppose the fact that I was born and brought up in England and only left there when I was 43½ years old is immaterial.

I have not insulted you or your lifestyle, but now you are implying that because I live in Israel I must have a different culture to you.

NOW who is being judgmental?

As for abusive language, saying "How bloody dare you" is hardly polite, is it not?
As I said there is differences between cultures and between general society!

No she's not being polite to a bunch of judgemental individuals who know nothing of our lives. But that isn't abusive.

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Pot and kettle spring to mind are you not critisizing everyone else and saying your way is the right way and everyone else is babying their kids and stopping them from growing up and being independant ? I think you are and your being quite arsey about it too.
I am arsey about it yes. I've also realised I'm wasting precious moments of my life talking to a bunch of people I don't know or care about, about how I'm bringing up my children. I didn't critisize anyone, everyone has different views ours is ours others is others!

PLEASE MOVE BACK ONTO TOPIC FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
Lorna's Rachy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:25 PM
As we have said on this thread about a TV programme.
People differ, beliefs and cultures differ. The way people bring up their children is their choice and nobody should judge. we believe we are bringing up our children to be the best and most well rounded individuals they can be. If your way of life differs from our views good luck to you. I do not wish any of you bad for your choices. I believe I am doing my very best for my children. No judging from me here. No right or wrong. We are a same sex couple who bring up two brilliant children who we are both tremendously proud of.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

19-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Who took the subject off topic?
You did with your paranoia and for the record I couldn't care less how you bring your kids up, just find it a tad odd that you think you have the right to critise all and sundry yet are apparently above critism yourself. Nowt as strange as folk as they say.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Who took the subject off topic?
You did with your paranoia and for the record I couldn't care less how you bring your kids up, just find it a tad odd that you think you have the right to critise all and sundry yet are apparently above critism yourself. Nowt as strange as folk as they say.
I absolutely agree, nowt as strange as folk!!!
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 >