View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 06:55 PM
It does seem odd, can you say which one it was? Is the girl still Living at home or maybe gave her parents address so the rescue assumes she is still at home? Rescues can only go by what people tell them..
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Its Jerry greens, I dont hold a very high opinion of them anyway due to personal experiences with another rottie and i get that she has clearly lied through her teeth but if they had done a home check she wouldn't have passed x
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I've not heard of the rescue and also resent the age comments, however, that's rather irresponsible of the rescue to do with any dog- even moreso with one who has bitten previously. Maybe they were just too glad that someone wanted to take him on and believed that she had the experience she claimed to have? Still, very disappointing that they failed to check up on anything- just hope the dog doesn't suffer for it
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
to me the entire situation is wrong, im so shocked a rescue would do this and a big one at that x
I guess she has spun them a convincing yarn and they know the family as the dad has had a dog off them already...

It does sound although she may have trouble with this dog and it may end up being returned. I've heard of the rescue but have never had any dealings with them. Yes, ideally a home check should have been done but most rescues are inundated with dogs at the moment, maybe they just didn't have the manpower or the resources to check a home they had previously passed?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-06-2011, 09:44 PM
seriously any insight into this situation would be brilliant as im stuck to be honest,

When i lived back in clee i was looking after a friends house who was in france, she is 20 and a typical niave 20 year old, she "rescued" a husky last year and decided to keep him but then rehomed him
Her dad got a choc lab from the rescue im just about to mention nearly 3 years ago, this friend (daughter) went to the rescue last week looking for a dog.

Now i have a few beef's with this bit anyway to be honest but they are personal ones and have a lot to do with me getting Shila back while the friend was in france, anyway she found a large rottie who has a bad history and they have let her take him because and i quote "you have already had a dog off us"

Now im sorry BUT her situation has totally changed in the last 3 years and the rescue (quite a famous one) didn't even do a home check.

The girl in question has NO experience in large dogs except shila, isis and the husky she had for all of 3 weeks that spent more time at mine then at hers anyway, this rottie has apparently bitten before but she told them she is experienced with this kind of behaviour (is she hell )

I have known this girl all her life so i can make judgement on her its not just me being mean but my main problem with all this is, she walked in told them she had a dog off them already and within a day she had a dog.

Please please tell me this is not right????
Funny i have just been reading about how rescues are too harsh in blanket rules etc and now this - tell you what can someone please tell me how to run the perfect rescue?

So did u contact the rescue and tell them about yur concerns? Have you offered to do some home checking for them so you can help them not make the same mistake again?
spot
Dogsey Veteran

23-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Its Jerry greens, I dont hold a very high opinion of them anyway due to personal experiences with another rottie and i get that she has clearly lied through her teeth but if they had done a home check she wouldn't have passed x
have you offered to do home checks for them = this can be a great way of having an infuence on their rehoming policy. Im sire they would be very grateful to have someone with your experience on their sidel
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2