Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2011, 09:45 PM

Isla's Cataracts Part 2....

I took Isla to the eye surgeon today for yet another opinion. To cut a long story short she's having her left eye done hopefully on the 6th of July, that date may have to change though as the funds may not be available quite that quickly (wasn't really thinking straight!).

I have to take her in on the Tuesday and leave her overnight to have the op on the Wednesday. I'm bricking it already, I'm not sure how I'll cope leaving her.

Her right eye will be monitored and if needs be she'll have that one done at a later date. The cost of one eye will be £2,000. And today I'm a little lighter to the tune of £138. I hope Isla knows how flippin' lucky she is!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Rips - I must have missed part one...

Sorry to hear about this - I've possibly missed the details.

Big hugs - Isla is just a bairn - hope everything goes OK.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Oh wow that is expensive. My mums getting her left eye done next week. Must tell her how much it costs

Is she insured and does it pay for the surgery ?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Sorry I missed the first part too.

Good luck with the surgery.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 05:40 AM
That's a hefty bill, Em, but Isla is so worth it, and I'm sure she knows very well how lucky she is

I'll be thinking of you on the day...... xxx
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Hope everything goes ok. Know how you feel as been throught this twice with Cherry last year.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Thank you everyone, Isla is totally unaware and happy as larry. Me on the otherhand.....

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Rips - I must have missed part one...

Sorry to hear about this - I've possibly missed the details.

Big hugs - Isla is just a bairn - hope everything goes OK.
Sorry, part one has kind of been ongoing for a couple of years. This was the last thread which will hopefully mean this thread makes a little more sense!

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Oh wow that is expensive. My mums getting her left eye done next week. Must tell her how much it costs

Is she insured and does it pay for the surgery ?
Isn't it just! Apparently dog lenses are bigger and more sensitive which is why it costs more?!!!

Isla is insured, but unfortunately the first eye test she had in 2008 showed a possible precursor to cataracts (it doesn't actually say anything about cataracts on the form). The vet failed to inform me (she even gave me the green light to breed Isla) and so I changed insurers between that eye test and the next one which showed cataracts. For this reason it's more than likely that my current insurer will try and class it as a pre existing condition although the eye surgeon doesn't seem to think the two are related. I'm putting in a claim anyway, if they don't pay out then my parents are paying £1,000 and loaning me the rest.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Fingers crossed it all goes ok...I can imagine how you are feeling xxx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Fingers crossed it all goes ok...I can imagine how you are feeling xxx
Thanks Sheree.

It's the leaving her I hate, it's bad enough leaving her with my vets who know her and whom I trust, but leaving her all day and night with people she doesn't know - in short I'm dreading it.

I'm just extremely lucky not to have to worry about the financial side, otherwise it'd be a double worry.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Thanks Sheree.

It's the leaving her I hate, it's bad enough leaving her with my vets who know her and whom I trust, but leaving her all day and night with people she doesn't know - in short I'm dreading it.

I'm just extremely lucky not to have to worry about the financial side, otherwise it'd be a double worry.
I often think that is the worse thing for us, worrying more about how they are coping without us rather than what they are having done. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I have no doubt she will make you pay for leaving her when she gets home, bless her little heart

It is handy that your parents are helping you out, parents are just great aren't they?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >