Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Okay I haven't watched the video as I can't bring myself to watch animal hurt.
But from what I have read, it sounds a fairly nasty attack.
I think I get where Lozzibear is coming from. The guy left the scene without regard to the dog, he may have done it to get the dog out of the situation or he may have been scared of the ramifications in his lack of control of the dog. But he did not know by walking away if the dog was okay or the owner would be alright.
So maybe Lozzibear is coming from the actual event of the CCTV and others are looking at it after the injuries of the dog have explained, maybe that is where the conflict lays?????
As all seem to agree on the horrid event other than this and I think it is possible a case of 'here and now vs past event'
JMO please do not shoot me down like a falling star
thanks emma, i think you are spot on there. cant speak for where others have been coming from, but it certainly seems that way, and that was where i was coming from. thanks, its nice to know some people are willing to open their mind to how others feel and there views on it.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
lozzi used the term loosely. what she was referring to was that the man obviously thought his dog was doing serious injury to the lab. his panic is clearly seen in the way he was kicking and punching his own dog. despite him seeing the lab, if indeed he did look back to see, getting up and walking away, he would not have known if the dog was ok because he left the scene.

lozzi is well aware the lab recovered, her point is that the man should not have left without checking both the dog and her owner.

i witnessed my cat running away across the road after hearing a screech of brakes. i assumed because i'd seen him run he was fine. infact he made it no further than under a parked car in the driveway opposite, where he was found that afternoon curled up as if he were asleep. he was dead. just because an animal runs from a tragedy it doesn't always mean they are ok.

i don't think lozzi has blown anything out of proportion. she was merely stating what could have happened with a different outcome and why she feels so strongly that the man should have remained.

we are all aware of the facts as they have been posted by someone who knows the lab and her owner.
thanks again lol. i did use the term loosely so definitely wasnt expecting this reaction. and i think people have just made something out of nothing.

everything you have said in this post has been spot on. i was just trying to make the point that no matter what the dogs injuries were, the guy didnt know that. so shouldnt have left. sorry about your cat

i also hate that borderdawn is STILL trying to get on at me about it, why cant she just stop it? i have explained myself and said how all this has made me feel, and she still wants to add to it! she just wont give me a break! she is still adamant that she is right, and perfect and that i am so terribly wrong! and she did jump on me! i came on to find both her and jackbox had. she is also extremely ******* patronising! its is really ******* me off now. i tried to end it, but no she still goes on. its not fair.

sorry for my outburst, im just annoyed and upset just now.

Originally Posted by subby View Post
yeah it was very sad attack poor guide dog,but i think the dog is NOT !!!!PITBULL!!!!! it is a American bulldog cross
and that guy should had muzzle on his dog cos he new his dog would attack other dogs
i agree, and i definitely dont think it should be reported as a pitbull attack when they dont know. i have emailed to complain, and ask why they stated that.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i understand what you are saying, but surely he would expect the dog to have serious injuries after that attack. i stupidly watched the video, and i didnt think the dog would survive. so was extremely shocked and happy to hear see did, and that she has returned to work.

all i know is, that i could never have left them. if that was jake (he never ever would do that but just as an example) i would be terrified for him, and for him to get PTS but i still couldnt have left... the dog and owner were both totally innocent and did not deserve that to happen to them.
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Lozzibear said the dog was "left to die" She wasnt, that was completely untrue. I watched the video too, it was horrible, but the dog ran off without apparent serious injury, and subsequently the injuries were such that they required cleaning and anti-biotics, hardly the effects of an animal left to die.

When people blow things out of proportion it will serve only to make them seem to want to aggravate the situation, as doing this serves no other purpose IMO.
Yes well it is what she may have thought would be the case, she has tried numerous times to say 'could' have died instead but you keep wanting to bounce back to the same line in a long thread that has many more emotional responses instead you are just highlighting more of what you claim to not want.
Maybe she was 'blowing things out of proportion' as she was upset over the CCTV footage and emotional.
As to aggravating the issue the fact the police have released that footage pretty much says they want people to see what happened and be disgusted at the act and want the man found. So the only purpose I see is to trigger an emotional response from the public and Lozzibear has done that.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Firstly lozzibear, can you show me where I said you are not allowed to voice your opinion ,

If fact much of what you said in you earlier posts I agree with , but you did say even after fluffybland informed us that the dog was OK, and did not suffer serious injury, that he left the dog to die... that was your obvervation to watching the video, which was clearly pointed out by others who had 1) listened to fluffybland update, 2) saw somehting different than you did.

This is a discussion forum, where people will pick up on other peoples posts, and comment on them, it is how it works.

Your "could" was before and after the "he left the dog to die" comment.... and that is what myself and others (not just Dawn) picked up on, and I have to say in a civil way!!

Where as you came back with an aggressive and sarcastic attitude ,

and the guy knew that? he saw into the future, knew the dog would be ok and be back working. ah, ok he was right for leaving the dog!!! NO HE WASNT!!

Also, there you go (again!) putting words in mouth!! I said ‘could have left the dog dead’, ive highlighted the important word for you there!
You also took it upon yourself to then throw another sarcastic comment in for good measure

dont worry, she likes to put words in peoples mouth
You said yourself you have a "never give in " attitude when questioned , even if you are wrong, that is whats called bloody mindedness.... so if you wish to take such an attitude be prepared to have it given back, but then dont come back claiming persecution,

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
lozzi used the term loosely. what she was referring to was that the man obviously thought his dog was doing serious injury to the lab. his panic is clearly seen in the way he was kicking and punching his own dog. despite him seeing the lab, if indeed he did look back to see, getting up and walking away, he would not have known if the dog was ok because he left the scene.
I understand that, anyone watching the video will have suprised to see the dog get up and walk off, I think we all expected to see it lay there in shock, but it did not, it was clear to see it walk off...

I cant see how this statement can be interpreted any other way than how it reads..

can he not get charged for leaving her? i dont know how legally that would stand, but him leaving them there could have left the dog dead and the woman in serious danger without the help of her dog. also, i think leaving the dog to die should be seen as animal cruelty.
lozzibear over dramatised the attack, yes all sorts of things could have happened, the dog could have been killed, seriously injured. but it was not, her reasons for the statement are her own, but over dramatising such a sensitive issue, is not good press. for anyone reading this.

The attack was horrific, we all see that, we all would like the man to come forword, but I doubt he will now.

The dog is back doing his job, thankfully without to much baggage attached to her.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2009, 01:29 PM
. she is also extremely ******* patronising! its is really ******* me off now. i tried to end it, but no she still goes on. its not fair.

There is absolutely no excuse for your language, and I suggest you show some maturity and refrain from using it.

Such language does not show anyone in a good light, is this the way you are going to react, every time you get in a tight courner!!!!!!!!

We all get annoyed /upset/ and down right angry at times on here, but when one has to use such terms to express oneself, then sadly that is reflecting on your own charater.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Yes well it is what she may have thought would be the case, she has tried numerous times to say 'could' have died instead but you keep wanting to bounce back to the same line in a long thread that has many more emotional responses instead you are just highlighting more of what you claim to not want.
Maybe she was 'blowing things out of proportion' as she was upset over the CCTV footage and emotional.
As to aggravating the issue the fact the police have released that footage pretty much says they want people to see what happened and be disgusted at the act and want the man found. So the only purpose I see is to trigger an emotional response from the public and Lozzibear has done that.
thanks emma. and look theres jackbox joining in once again. im not going to reply to her, i already have. the only thing i will say, is that i think i am entitled to have that attitude after everything i have taken on this thread, i am angry and upset! i dont feel bad for swearing or being sarcastic coz of how i feel. i have tried to drop this, but people will not let it. so dont try and turn this round on me and blame me! and i wasnt aggressive! and jackbox still doesnt seem to be reading what i meaning, lilypup and emma have also said what i was meaning. its also not about people saying you cant voice and opinion, it is the react you receive from voicing it the suggests that. i also said i never give in if people say things in a horrible way, i said people who do it constuctivey (like lilypup) can. so dont just pick the bits you like.

i know feel i practically have replied to her, but i had to clear those things up.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2009, 01:44 PM
thanks emma. and look theres jackbox joining in once again. im not going to reply to her, i already have. the only thing i will say, is that i think i am entitled to have that attitude after everything i have taken on this thread, i am angry and upset! i dont feel bad for swearing or being sarcastic coz of how i feel. i have tried to drop this, but people will not let it. so dont try and turn this round on me and blame me! and i wasnt aggressive! and jackbox still doesnt seem to be reading what i meaning, lilypup and emma have also said what i was meaning. its also not about people saying you cant voice and opinion, it is the react you receive from voicing it the suggests that. i also said i never give in if people say things in a horrible way, i said people who do it constuctivey (like lilypup) can. so dont just pick the bits you like.

i know feel i practically have replied to her, but i had to clear those things up.
You may feel entitled to use such language, but you are breaking the forum rules!!!!!!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 02:17 PM
thanks emma, i think you are spot on there. cant speak for where others have been coming from, but it certainly seems that way, and that was where i was coming from. thanks, its nice to know some people are willing to open their mind to how others feel and there views on it.

thanks again lol. i did use the term loosely so definitely wasnt expecting this reaction. and i think people have just made something out of nothing.

everything you have said in this post has been spot on. i was just trying to make the point that no matter what the dogs injuries were, the guy didnt know that. so shouldnt have left. sorry about your cat

i also hate that borderdawn is STILL trying to get on at me about it, why cant she just stop it? i have explained myself and said how all this has made me feel, and she still wants to add to it! she just wont give me a break! she is still adamant that she is right, and perfect and that i am so terribly wrong! and she did jump on me! i came on to find both her and jackbox had. she is also extremely f***ing patronising! its is really p***ing me off now. i tried to end it, but no she still goes on. its not fair.

i agree, and i definitely dont think it should be reported as a pitbull attack when they dont know. i have emailed to complain, and ask why they stated that.
You certainly are a drama queen and one with a foul mouth at that! How disgraceful, what dreadful conduct from somebody on a public forum, are you proud?

Its a shame you cant agree that others could also be correct in their opinion, (as I DID say I respected yours) and also accept that when somebody says they know the FACTS, they actually do, and have not assumed, presumed, or used disgusting language, to force the point upon others.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 02:45 PM
can I just say, the cctv footage only shows so much, yes it was horrid, Yes the owner of the attacking dog was totaly wrong,
but........ we cant hear whats being said, for all we know he did shout to her, or he may not have,
lozzi's interpration of what happend is diff to others,
{when something horrid happens in a nightclub, like someone having a glass smashed into there face, statements from people who all seen the same thing differ greatly, its all down to interpratation}
I think what has happend in this case, is......... older{sorry for saying that} people who have seen lots of aggressive attacks possibly see things with a calmer head.
younger people may have seen less of this type of thing so it all seems worse to them.?

I think Lozi can see both sides, but feels backed into a corner,
its a very emotional subject.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
can I just say, the cctv footage only shows so much, yes it was horrid, Yes the owner of the attacking dog was totaly wrong,
but........ we cant hear whats being said, for all we know he did shout to her, or he may not have,
{when something horrid happens in a nightclub, like someone having a glass smashed into there face, statements from people who all seen the same thing differ greatly, its all down to interpratation}
I think what has happend in this case, is......... older{sorry for saying that} people who have seen lots of aggressive attacks possibly see things with a calmer head.
younger people may have seen less of this type of thing so it all seems worse to them.?

its a very emotional subject.
i know what you mean. and i am not replying to jackbox and borderdawn coz i want this to end.

none of us know exactly what happened, we werent there when it happened. we can only go on what we have seen in the CCTV footage, and heard after the event from different sources. maybe he did shout to her, we dont know. and that is something i hadnt thought of (see i can listen to people )

but whatever happened, we all have different views on it going by how we interpreted the situation. my views were emotional coz i hate for any animal to be hurt or injured, so seeing what happened to the Lab was horrible, and upset me. also my neice has extremely bad eyesight so i think of her in the situation of the woman, and how much danger she would be in.

i think my emotions did take over, i will admit that. but i still dont think i deserved the responses i recieved. they upset me greatly, and i am now going to stay out of this thread unless the comments are nice. coz i am not going to put myself into a situation to get upset but i enjoy being part of the discussions, as long as they remain friendly and i am not put in the situation of defending myself.

maybe i didnt word my post correctly, i admit that. but i have since tried to explain what i meant. thats all i can do. i didnt say anything against either dog or breed. and my comment was made loosely and didnt mean to cause offence or any of this arguing. i didnt want, or expect, that to happen. i hope we can just all get on now, and go back to a friendly discussion that we can all enjoy being a part of.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post

its a very emotional subject
Agree with all you say Shona, but feeling backed into a corner does not entitled you to use bad language or be insulting to other members.

I think myself and others who picked up on Lozzibears observation were extremely civil towards her, what followed was a result of her rudeness to others.. which escalated in continuing this unnecessary bickering.

At no point in this thread did I feel the need to accuse Lozzibear of being extremely f***ing patronising! its is really p***ing me off now

We all get frustrated at times in threads..but reducing to this level is unacceptable ...

That said, I will now ignore any more childish outbursts like the above, and get back to the topic of this thread.

Good post above Shona, and shows how we all can have different takes on things.

I think in unison, everyone was horrified with this, but as you say, some older (experience) members will be able to see its not as simple as Black and white... as in all things there is sometimes a huge grey area.
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 > Last »