24-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Thankfully we still seem to have plenty up here,
Be thankful, very thankful, you are so lucky
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Lore, if Scottieland becomes overcrowded then I really will give up and buy a remote island somewhere. I would probably booby trap the beaches just to make sure

TW,not so long ago they said there would be no more building in Ledbury, but the Council are being forced into this and that is the problem. Nobody wants it.

Harvey, I was guilty last year of wondering if Lewis was out of his mind moving from such a "safe and successful" seat!! Hah He knew something we didn't I think! Poor Jenson looks more and more depressed doesn't he.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Just found this
http://www.mouseprice.com/property-f...M26-0-bed--M26

The marker on the map is in entirely the wrong place, I may add, the actual land is at the side of the dead end of Crompton Road not where it is shown. So he has got planning for 4 3 storey 3 bed houses and is now selling it. They will be like chicken houses. If there are only 4 then I can't see him having the piece of land I am talking about, I thought it belonged to the water board but they way he was talking I got the impression he had the whole lot. But there would be more houses than 4 if he had. At the moment there are derelict garages on it, so yes there would be space for 4 houses, but they would have to be 3 storey to fit them in and they will be a tight squeeze as there is a service bridge built over the river and it runs onto that piece of land, and I doubt they'll be taking that away!!! Used to be able to walk over that but they've blocked it off now.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Be thankful, very thankful, you are so lucky
Only because a lot of it is waaaay too uphill to be able to build on without all the furniture sliding into one side of the house...
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Only because a lot of it is waaaay too uphill to be able to build on without all the furniture sliding into one side of the house...
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:43 PM
TW, the planners don't seem to care any more about how many houses a builder can squeeze onto a plot of land. Also, all the old rules about spoiling other people's view, and even privacy, have been thrown out of the window. It's horrible.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Found a better piccie of it

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/16620851

the piece at the bottom right hand corner is the foundations of the service bridge, and it takes up a lot of room,
on the left of where the red line ends is one of the trees I was talking about, really old, so some of the land is going to be built on, but not all of it, maybe that is where the water board land starts or they've decided to leave the really old trees alone.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
At the moment there are derelict garages on it, so yes there would be space for 4 houses, but they would have to be 3 storey to fit them in and they will be a tight squeeze as there is a service bridge built over the river and it runs onto that piece of land, and I doubt they'll be taking that away!!!
Don't bank on it June there's so many things they can do as part of the planning process these days and if it results in more new houses comming on the market they will find a way to remove the bridge or put it somewhere else
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Found a better piccie of it

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/16620851

the piece at the bottom right hand corner is the foundations of the service bridge, and it takes up a lot of room,
on the left of where the red line ends is one of the trees I was talking about, really old, so some of the land is going to be built on, but not all of it, maybe that is where the water board land starts or they've decided to leave the really old trees alone.
Oh a river frontage that is going to worth a lot my guess is that at least two houses will have river frontage and all the trees (or most of them) within that red line will go, but those outside of the red line might be saved as he won't be able to build outsode the allocated plot.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Well I'd like to see where they could put it, there is nowhere else, it has been there for over a hundred years. This piccie is probably getting on for a hundred years old now, and the service bridge is there in the forefront spanning the river. I can't begin to imagine the work it would entail moving it, and first of all FINDING a suitable place, the foundations are sunk deep into the river bank on both sides so they would have to redo all that, and also the supports which are deep into the river, would cost far more than the 130k they are looking for to buy the land with planning permission. I think someone hasn't thought it out, looks OK on paper, but how are they going to hide the concrete rafts the bridge is supported on from the river bank, they are enormous!!!

Harvey, the 'river frontage' is where the bridge base is built into the river, there is very little actual frontage on the land he has bought, a bit further up past the red line there is, but not there. They'd literally have to scramble over the concrete to get down to the river!!!
Page 9 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >