Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I wear polo shirts and trakkie bottoms/combat trousers, but I could never go out in them unironed
My 2 items are 1 fitted bottom sheet and one flat sheet, so they aren't things that are done quickly really. I will do them when I am watching Casualty, then I won't notice
Gosh if I looked 10 years younger then I would be 10
Forgot to say, have a good time Jenny, and I hope Rucksack keeps whatever it is to himself
Given the work I do I spend most of my day smelling like horse wee or sheep or pigs or a multitude of other disgusting scents. Unironednuniform is the least of my worries
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 08:54 PM
When I had horses I used to iron my stuff, can't wear an unironed t shirt it doesn't feel right
TM it did cross my mind that one of your family may be there.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-08-2013, 09:01 PM
At the moment I can walk onto the land where Merc Man is building his houses, some of the trees there are really ancient and I'm quite upset to think they will be taken down. Its a lovely little spot, I know further on there are derelict garages, but that particular part is secluded and full of birds and stuff growing wild. I am just hoping that this part isn't included in the sale but I have a feeling it is
One thing which is really starting to get to me is the way we are building on every little bit of land, shoehorning houses into spaces which really should be left to nature and I'm very much against chopping down old trees (unless they are in danger of falling in a high wind or whatever). Will the timber go to a reputable sawmill probably not and likely end up as firewood. Makes me mad

No one in authority seems to give a dam but IMO there are just too many people in UK, that's not a political statement just a fact.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Hello everyone, rather late tonight because I have been busy uploading photos and things to my website and now my poor brain has given up for the day

I have quickly read through the thread, and there is too much to comment on but I would like to commiserate with you Jenny over the Rucksack thing. Thank goodness he seems to be perking up a bit this evening because he just HAS to be right for next week doesn't he.

Mini - is there something on at the Castle then I didn't know there was a do going on

We had a dry day today, but mostly cloudy and not too hot! Just right for me Not that I did a lot really because I felt a bit lazy, which was perfect for settling down to watch F1 qualifying........very happy about the result too
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 09:07 PM
They've not started work as yet Harvey, so am hoping it will be left alone at least for a while, they aren't going to start work in winter I shouldn't think.
They have put such an effort into revitalising the river and encouraging the kingfisher and heron to move back there, plus the fish, we have baby ducks and geese on there every spring, and now they are ripping part of it up, which will surely have an impact
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Hello Harvey, I couldn't agree with you more. It is all way out of control now, and there is no going back it seems. The country is already overcrowded as you say, and it can only get worse from now on.

Even in Ledbury, a small picturesque market town which relies heavily on tourism, it has been decreed by the high powers that 750 new houses have to be built over the next twenty years. Why?? There is not enough employment in rural Herefordshire to support this sort of increase, and certainly the schools/doctor/dentist etc. could not cope. They are not coping now. Ledbury, and towns and villages like it, will simply become large housing estates with a tiny core to remind people of what it used to be like.

Rant over, I could go on and on but it would not be wise I feel
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2013, 09:21 PM
They promised there would be no more planning permission granted for houses here. We have one small village school and that is it. It already can't cope with the influx of people from the houses that were built on the old paper mill site, I am glad I'm not having to use the one access road in the morning, it will be tailing back miles in rush hour.
They have turned down planning permission for houses on what is virtually a derelict farm, although it is still occupied, no money whatsoever has been spent on it for very many years, the farm goes back hundreds of years so was pleased about that because it quite literally stands in the middle of what is now the Country Park, no idea what they would have done about access because there is a track which is the width of a car, and that is a public footpath and bridleway.
Merc Man had the plans for the houses which he showed me, but can't find any mention of anything being granted.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
There is not enough employment in rural Herefordshire to support this sort of increase, and certainly the schools/doctor/dentist etc. could not cope. They are not coping now.
It's madness, I've remained registered with the GP surgery where we used to live, the house we've put an offer on is about 12 miles further out so I asked the receptionist if I could stay registered at their surgery. She said that up until a few years ago it would be no problem but now they've been forced to take people from all the new housing around so no I can't stay with them. She also said they were having problems coping with the huge influx of people.

On a different subject I thought you would be pleased with the F1 result. OH said to me that it does look like he did the right thing moving to MB.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2013, 09:22 PM
It is a shame that they appear to be building everywhere these days. Down south doesn't appear to have much green space as it is without adding to it.

Thankfully we still seem to have plenty up here, although there are places being built on that makes me sad. Oh well.

Spent tonight packing up our stuff for tomorrow. Got our waterproofs, warm kit (just in case), and plenty food. Fingers crossed the weather is good. Davie is quite excited about the walk. Dougal has no idea what is going to hit him. Fingers crossed we can do Little Wyvis as well cause it's a Corbett.

I've had a bath and feel a bit more human at last.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-08-2013, 09:26 PM
They promised there would be no more planning permission granted for houses here.
Well June, you've had a few problems lately but you are lucky that this is the rule where you are, as Sally and I have noted they are building everywhere and it's getting stupid now, houses going in on plots of land no biggeer than a double garage.
Page 8 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 >