Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: What size?
Small 7 9.21%
Medium 13 17.11%
Large 32 42.11%
A mix of the above 24 31.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Medium to large dogs for me everytime!

We had a lab when i was kid and we also had a jack russell. Both were lovely dogs but i just find that little dogs tend to have to do more to get your attention and they usually do this by yapping and its always high-pitched annoying yaps. Disclaimer - i know not all small dogs do this!!

I also find smaller dogs more untrustworthy when it comes to snapping and stuff.

Plus bigger dogs are better for cuddling up with on a cold winters night when the OH is away!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 10:51 AM
I have put a mix as I love all different breeds but I will always have a large dog
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
I've put a mix as there's a number of dogs off all sizes that i would love to have. I have medium sized dogs (BCs) as they tick all my boxes and I love the breed. I love the big dogs leonbergers, akitas etc but practically know I won't ever have one. Small dogs are great but I'm scared i'll break them. I'm so clumsy. Mind you my cats have survived over the years with me LOL.
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I've picked mixed, cuz although I love Dobermann's I'll never own another
Our Boxer is a nice size, not to small, or big with a gentle clown about nature.
Prior to owning these 2 miniature Pinschers I wouldn't have chosen to own small dogs, but these 2 have won me round. They may be small, but they have Big attitudes are not frightened of anything, and have bags loads of character, oh and they dont make your legs go dead at night when they come for a cuddle ( I was used to not feeling my legs at night when the dobes had cuddles lol )
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Bugsy said (of Min Pins):
They may be small, but they have Big attitudes are not frightened of anything, and have bags loads of character
These dogs sound very much like Chihuahuas!

For those that think that toy breeds are fragile, they really are not. I was told by my first Vet (got rid of him )to insure my Chis for the largest amount, as "broken legs were a case of WHEN not IF with Chis" - Having eight and a very busy house (three kids), there have never been any casualties of any nature! So they must be quite hardy little critters *touches wood in case fate was just tempted by this comment* I am careful with them around large breeds though, as I know that some larger breeds can be clumsy and worry about the Chis backs
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Large everytime lab upways anyway
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
"Medium" - the one and only Border Collie! Big enough not to get stood on, small enough not to write you off in a collision!

Intelligent, faithful, empathic and plain gorgeous.

Snorri
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, I've voted large for now, for obvious reasons!!

Albeit, we've always said Marius will be our last big dog, the next will be way smaller.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I've gone for large - sort of GSD or N/Ute size, although they are not the largest dogs ...

I love all dogs but I just love to have a big dog, the sort you can chuck your arms around and they cuddle back with as much force. Or more!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2009, 07:52 PM
mmnn medium/large for me as I feel staffies are big dogs that have shrunk in the wash really !! LOL

I really like JRT's though as they have such character but I cant see myself ever having anything other than a staffie to be honest....or bigger.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >