Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah that was my other thought........
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I hope all goes well and she recovers soon!

Have they checked for diabetes?
blue29
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Hope Fly gets better soon, so sorry to hear of her prob's bless her
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by Miss Potter View Post
I hope all goes well and she recovers soon!

Have they checked for diabetes?

No they felt with her being sick all tests would be all to whack, but I will make them test her on Monday. I will even take in pee with me! and get them to do bloods. I will also talk to Shadow's vet tomorrow to see what they think.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2009, 10:08 AM
She hasn't had much to eat doesn't seem interested in the stuff the vet gave us, I tried making her scrambled eggs but not interested. And it took me about 20 mins to give her the antibiotics which ended up with me in tears. Does anyone know what else would be appetizing for her??
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
She hasn't had much to eat doesn't seem interested in the stuff the vet gave us, I tried making her scrambled eggs but not interested. And it took me about 20 mins to give her the antibiotics which ended up with me in tears. Does anyone know what else would be appetizing for her??
Sorry to hear she's not eaten anything, my dog was the same he would eat the stuff the vet gave, i tried him with packet ham, chicken and turkey and it worked for a while. They also did a test on him for diabetes at the beginning which was clear but 5 weeks later did it again and showed he was showing signs of diabetes and needed insulin.

Hope you can get her to eat something, we had to syringe in the end and that was a nightmare.

Thinking of you both, try not to get yourselve in a state, i did and it took alot out of me.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Kobebear
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks she had some ham last night and I tried her again this morning but she didnt want it either, going to try some chicken later, she's drinking plenty. A bit late for me getting in a state lol in the past 48 hours I've had 5 hours sleep and ended up losing it with my husband this morning because she kept spitting out the antibiotic so I tried it in cheese and ham, still spat it out, my hubby got up said why dont you try wrapping it in something.... I just screamed at him she's not eating and I've tried that you moron....I did apologise later...it took me to put it right to the back of her mouth and keep her mouth shut for 2 mins.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by **Leanne** View Post
Thanks she had some ham last night and I tried her again this morning but she didnt want it either, going to try some chicken later, she's drinking plenty. A bit late for me getting in a state lol in the past 48 hours I've had 5 hours sleep and ended up losing it with my husband this morning because she kept spitting out the antibiotic so I tried it in cheese and ham, still spat it out, my hubby got up said why dont you try wrapping it in something.... I just screamed at him she's not eating and I've tried that you moron....I did apologise later...it took me to put it right to the back of her mouth and keep her mouth shut for 2 mins.

I know exactly how you are feeling, we had to sleep downstairs with charlie for weeks as he couldnt get up the stairs and getting up every couple of hours to let him out or there would be an accident, tried every food we could and even wrapping up tablets in cheese and ham which sometimes worked, but other times just spat it out just lilke your girl.

You could try cottage chesse he did take that a few times, even sausage rolls which i got told off about by vet but if she will eat it then why not.

Unfortunately Charlie had to be pts. Since then still been stressed trying to get insurance sorted out.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Try cold kebab meat but then if she's being sick the grease might not be a great idea...I honestly don't know, maybe just a wee bit to get the tablets down? Go across to the one next to the Chaand and ask if they will give you bits off the end of the donner if not Cous Cous at the strathmartine road/cleppy road junction will - just ask him for old donner meat for your dog. We use it when training Ben. Or maybe little bits of cooked liver with the tablet slotted in?
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >