View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Rupert's scared to death of them. Shadow used to pick one up, stand there, stare right at you and ever so slowly close his jaws so it gave off this loooooong drawn out squeak and then ever so slowly open them again so it did another long drawn out squeak. God it drove us mad! If we took the sqeaky toy away he'd find something else to play with and wedge it under the sofa or the washing machine or something then bark until you rescued it for him. Then he'd do it again. The sound of the sqeaky toy was less annoying than his monotonous high pitched bark
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:26 PM
One of my previous dogs called Angus (Cairn terrier) used to constantly squeak and squeak them till they broke. Awful as sometimes this would go on for a couple of hours.
Noise would really get to me!

Parker and Cherry aren't fond of squeakies, Cherry only likes her tennis ball Kongs and Parker likes the toys you get that make a noise or say something when you press them. I go round charity shops pressing all the soft toys to find the noisy ones. Jamie says I buy then for me really as I laugh and laugh watching him go manic playing with them.

His newest toy is a large toy cow that moos and sings a song when you push its tummy. It cost 50p and it has an off-switch so you can stop it when you've had enough which you can't do with squeaky toys.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't mind the squeakers... but, we don't have them because any squeak is removed within about 2 minutes of it arriving... and if the toy is plastic it's ripped to tiny pieces... if it's a plush toy then de-stuffing takes a few minutes more but not much.

Littlest member of the mob has also taken to chewing right through the knots in the tuggers... she can get through a meant for GSD size one in an evening

Still think the best toy I can get my hands on is the empty pop bottle..... not to mention it's very cheap
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Still think the best toy I can get my hands on is the empty pop bottle..... not to mention it's very cheap
Haha, glad I'm not alone! Empty plastic bottles, egg cartons, cereal boxes and other things like that make up a lot of Ruperts toys.

I can't afford to spend a lot on toys only for them to be destroyed within minutes so we just have a few hard wearing ones and give him cardboard to shred. He seems to enjoy the cardboard more than the toys lol.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I bought one for my pups christmas stocking and although its played with every day ,it is still intact. The upside is if I am upstairs cleaning the continous sqeaking tells me he is playing nicely , the downside is my cockatiel who I have been trying to get to say a simple 'hello' for 9 months in vain has got the squeak off perfectly. I have got used to living with the noise but visitors don't stay long these days!!
Hayley_n_Max
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2011, 10:02 PM
I dont buy them as I cant stand the squeak in them so we get the hard wearing toys for Max and also give him some tennis balls
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 09:05 AM
asbo's favourite is a pig, which i dont mind because the noise is low pitched and even though it gets annoying, its not as bad as his english bull terrier squeaky toy (think that will be the only time in his life he eats and EBT )

all our toys last quite a while. asbo has just managed to get through his knot toy, which he has had since he was 8 weeks old so it did well

stuffed toys are good in our house as they all like to "kill" them asbo thinks hes a right hard man when hes killing his blanket
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 09:24 AM
I cannot stand them! Luckily Ludi doesn't have the strength to make his plushies squeak so they only go off if we squeak them for him
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
I cannot stand them! Luckily Ludi doesn't have the strength to make his plushies squeak so they only go off if we squeak them for him
ooh just you wait till he does
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ooh just you wait till he does
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >