View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Our favourite is snow! Toby loves it and its the only weather when he doesn't blend in! If we can't have snow we like it to be not raining. Muddy, cold or sunny are fine so long as its dry!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Oh dear, my girly dogs were sitting on the back door step in the sun at 8:00am this morning...they have obviously been very deprived of it!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Mollie loves the Autumn and goes mad in all the fallen leaves, Duncan loves heat and we spend the summer moving him out of the sun where he just lays and toasts himself.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't think my dogs have a preference particularly - but am sure they enjoy spring and summer for the lovely long days we have many more hours of daylight to spend doing fun things! They don't like it too hot though, and neither do I!
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I've got a dog who won't sit or down if the ground's cold or wet - I don't think winter's his thing. He also hates snow landing on his coat and will try to shake every single flake off so it's like walking a spin drier.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Bailey and Kiara prefer the winter Kiara's even been known to rip the ice up from the edge of the pond so she can lay down in the freezing water!!!

Poppy is a sun lover and is currently laid out on the doormat basking in the sunshine while Kiz and Bailey are inside melting!!!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:12 PM
I think my dogs are definately happier in winter. Even though Flynn has a very thin coat and is lean, he suffers terrible in the heat. It's only March and yet today he was lying in the garden really panting and uncomfortable. They just always seem lethargic and energyless in the warmer months. They do enjoy being able to potter about in the garden though instead of being couped up in the kitchen.

I'm not fussed either way but it is nice not to have to clean and dry the dogs after each walk!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Oh she DEFINITELY has a preference. And it's for winter. Oh how she LOVES winter. In the winter she looks like this:

In the summer, she's hot and miserable. On walks she ends up just laying there. Here she is in 90 degree heat and humidity and not wanting to move any further.

It's just too hot for her in the summer here, especially this past summer as it was just NASTY. And her Mommy is much like her. I hate the summer. I HATE the heat. I just wilt if it's much above 75. But I'm quite content with temperatures under 0 (F, not C). I've lived someplace that regularly got down to 35 below 0 and I was fine with it!

Of course, our summers are likely much different than summers in the UK. Here in central NY the temperatures frequently get up into the 80s and 90s with high humidity. They're sticky and gross and it's hard to do much during it without dripping in sweat and feeling like the air is closing in on you.

Our winters are equally harsh with temperatures frequently below 20F and dipping below 0F at night a lot. It's a sucky place to live!

We are lucky if we hit 20c in the UK this time of year
Lovely pics though
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:19 PM
yep, Loui makes it quite clear actually!

Put it this way, in winter you stand at the door and say 'in' and in he goes, now, you stand at the door, get as far as looking at him and he lies on the grass with a look of 'just here is fine thanks' I will need to get a photo of that for Dogsey.

He makes it very obvious he likes the nice weather!

and he lluuuurves rolling around in the grass....sunbathing...birdwatching...yep, he might like snow zoomies but he lurves spring/summer!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't think Cherry minds re seasons-haven't noticed any difference in her at different times of the year.

Parker however loves the summer as he stops and does lots of "happy rolls" when it is a nice sunny day (like today has been).
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >