View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2008, 11:53 PM
I got asked allsorts from Skyes breeder, you name it I was asked it.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2008, 11:59 PM
One breeder called me to ask she had someone on her list and she had no puppies could she send her to me, I said no gimme her number so she did, well I called her and I told her I wanted to see her for a interview she goes "its a bloody dog not a job" to which I just said your'e not suitable and put down the phone, so then I called back the origanal breeder and made her aware of the situation.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I had someone very similar last year enquire about our pups,told them they had to sign a contract etc...

They really couldn't get to grips with all the stuff,there reply was well I only want a dog not hassle & the 3rd degree,my reply was fine go somewhere else then because we are not prepared to sell you one.
I also had an enquirey from another young chap,he wanted one like tyler so he can make him nasty,needless to say he got the 3rd degree on responsible ownership,problems within our breed,and a big fat NO WAY!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Lol @ sal......3rd degree is that all!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2008, 12:16 AM
I think it's optional and is down to personal choice. The two I have atm, including one crossbreed, I purchased from breeders as puppies. Yet interestingly enough the best dog in the world and of which I compare all dogs too is my now deceased JRT Polly, who was a volatile rescue case.
It's really down to what suits people's circumstances best, nobody should be made feel bad for making either choice in my eyes
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Also, money does come into it.

In my case, I will always want to own Boxers...they are my breed of choice and I love them all. However, on my pathetic Local Authority pay, there is no way I could afford to purchase a Boxer from a breeder.

Rescue enables me to own the breed I love...I could just about afford the £100 for Benson.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 07:45 AM
I have just re-read this thread again and tbh I am quite offended at some attitudes that because I don't breed or show that I should have a rescue? I dont have children either... but I do have other animals indoors, small furries that I think the world of...
I asked before and after Jamie, about a rescue ES and the second time I was told to ask my breeder!!!
Rescues are not for everyone and not everyone who has a purebred/pedigree dog should be condemned if they do not breed or show... I know my dogs whole history have met their families... I used to own my boys great aunt:smt019
Any reputable breeder will want to know about the dog you buy for the rest of its life, and if you are unable to keep it, they will help find new homes... I signed a contract saying this...
I have nothing against rescues, but could not find an ES in rescue near me... and yes I wanted an ES as they are a dog I adore and I want a dog I can TRUST fully with my small furry brood!!
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Nobody should be made to feel bad about where they got their dog from, breeder or rescue IMO.

I have one of each,love them the same,both complete fruitloops I hope I will always be able to offer a home to a rescue, but, I would go to a good breeder again too.

We hope to have four dogs eventually, I won't get another one till these two are more mature though(could be waiting a long time). I would love a Clumber Spaniel,in the future, if I could find a rescue one, then great, but if I couldn't I would go to a breeder.Also a Border Collie again, this will be a rescue,as there are so many in rescues, we are bound to find one suitable for us.

A few people have said they were not happy with having a rescue in the house with kids, my kids have lived from babies with rescue dogs,and I have never had any problems. This is my experience. I don't trust any dog 100% with a child,my children are always my first priority, and would never rehome a dog if I was even slightly doubtful of it's character.
An awful lot of dogs in rescue do not have problems, they are often there for family circumstances.

All dogs are special no matter where they came from.Whatever your choice of breed or breeder or rescue, you must do what feels right for you.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Yep fully agree, every dog is special... no matter whether it from breeder or rescue and I will look at rescuing an ES when time is right for no3.... That will be the time I am either commited to the asylum or sainted
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I own 2 pedigrees(both from breeders) and one mongrel from a rescue. Will my next dog be a cross or pedigree, I dont know, will they be from a breeder or rescue, again I dont know, it all depends on what my circumstances are at the time and I its not something I think as it could be a long way off.

I dont think anyone should be made to feel guilty for their choice of dog, as long as the dog is loved and well looked after thats the main point.
Page 14 of 23 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 > Last »