View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2008, 12:22 PM

My poor Sister, don't know how she keeps her sanity.

I would of lost it by now. She went to see Consultant again today after 3rd scan a couple of weeks ago. He was 2 hours late, still no to the op he didn't send the scan to Barts to be looked at left it with Queens they couldn't answer his question so now has to go to Barts so they can answer his question. (hopefully).
He has said although the tumour has shrunk it has not responded as well as it should to the amount of chemo she has had. He is now worried about the small bowel which in Dec 2006/Jan 2007 he said would not be a problem, he showed her the scan not that it made much sense to her.
She is now having to have another blood test today for her cancer cell count as well as everything else, and is back to see the Consultant in 2 weeks.
She is very down although says she will be ok in a couple of days and she could be knocked down down by a bus tomorrow.
Goodness knows where this is going all my negative thoughts are back again on this. BIL said last time they were there he had a look at her notes while the Dr was examining her and it mentioned a lump in her pelvis he didn't say anything so not sure whether it has been discussed today he will probably let me know by e-mail at some point.
Feeling pretty flat now after that phone call.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Oh Lynn *hug* - it's ghastly seeing a close relative unwell, and after the fairly positive news last time, you must be a bit gutted. Your sister seems to be coping pretty well. How is your BiL coping with it all?
x0x
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I am so sorry Lynn xx sending big hugs xx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I am always amazed by the strength that some people have, your sister sounds a very strong positve person. Thinking of you all xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry to hear this Lynn.Huge hugs for you all and I hope they get to the bottom of it all,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks all. she had made up her mind she wouldn't get the op but didn't expect to hear the small bowel was now a problem.
BIL copes ok I think he is a hard one to read sometimes and isn't always as helpful as he could be to her.
The amazing thing is by Monday she will of bounced back and be looking upon everything positively which is a good thing. If she didn't she would be finished.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 02:33 PM
It's good your sister is so positive.

Hugs to you, your sister and your family. Tt must be a very testing time for you all xxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 05:32 PM
So sorry to hear this Lynn, your sister is obviously a very brave woman. Big hugs to you all.xx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 06:06 PM
sending you hugs lynn

sue
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorry to read this, I hope the doctors get to the bottom of all of this. Your sister sounds so strong but everyone needs peace of mind.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >