Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hollie01
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2008, 05:51 AM

im going back to the doctors today

Well i was signed off last week cus of my depresion and my IBS has come back and im still not feeling right so im going back to the doctors today.

Im also worried as work have a thing called persistant(sp) short term absence, which means if you have more than 5 absences in a Rolling year then you have to go on a report.

I know my last day off sick was one day in January wiht a cold and bad tum, and before that i got signed off for an ear infection (dizzynes ect), so i know that when i go back im sure i iwll be called in!

Any way guys i iwll be mooching on her untill i can get back to sleep
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Awww bless hope you have good luck at the doctors and try not to worry about what work will say get yourself well frist that is the main thing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Hope the doctor can help you feel better soon.
You can't help being ill and I think a lot of firms are a lot more understanding of depression now. Try not too worry about them it will not help you feel better.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2008, 09:31 AM
I hope your doctor can help you.

I'm another offender when it comes to persistent short term absence, and I was actually threatened with losing my job, even though I explained that the absences were a result of my disability and associated issues (chronic pain, chronic fatigue, depression, poor immune system which results in my catching every bug that goes around which then increases the chronic pain and fatigue because my body is already feeling run down ). In the end, I went to see the Job Centre's disability employment adviser to try to sort something out.

I really hope that your doctor is "on your side" over your depression. I was signed off for almost four months after my husband and I separated due to anxiety, depression and stress and my GP was very supportive and willing to write as many letters, etc, as I needed. She even said that, with my permission, if work started calling and making me feel awful for being off (as they had done in the past), to refer the calls to her and she would explain the situation without relaying more information than I wanted. As I was such a mess at the time, I was falling apart every time the phone rang! As often comes with absence, I started to feel guilty about being off, which made me terrified and anxious about going back and my GP was very supportive and really assisted in getting me back to work.

I would also suggest if you are really worried that you have a chat with the CAB (and your Union Rep if you are a Union member?) for support. ((((hug))))