Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2015, 07:52 AM

Daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone hope this won't double up but never mind if it does a lovely mod will merge it for us.

Not sure what the weather is doing at the moment as no curtains or blinds open but cannot hear rain or wind so we may get our shopping trip into Kings Lynn today.
Had a little jiggle around with the decs and fireplace as I had forgotten a new piece we bought last week will take a picture later and post a pic of Dillon's bed for Harvey.
It wasn't as expensive as some Harvey but more than I would usually pay he doesn't really use it now but in the future he may.

griff well done resisting the pringles and I hope those cars moved on with no repercussions.
brenda hoping the cold is feeling a bit better today.
June hope you had a nice time with your friend.
Hoping everyone is feeling well today and all doglets.

Dillon is licking round his right back paw we have checked for foreign objects cannot see any we are wondering if he has banged it and its sore it is the paw with the distal rotation and damaged toe or maybe his arthritis is playing up with this cold damp weather. Will keep an eye on it.

Have a safe and happy Sunday.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Oh thanks Lynn for getting here first. I got caught up on reading up and e-mails. I loved the photo of your hearth I am so envious. If I came up on the lottery I would buy your cottage with all its little foibles which you have mainly solved now and give you enough money to come back to ~Essex~ which I am beginning to hate so much.

Sorry, should have said Good Morning to all. I am really late taking Amber out this morning but it has been so dark and miserable.

Jenny, glad you second cake came out ok and Griff you were brilliant to resist the pringles. LG, have a good day on the moor. Brenda, my fault again there is for no apparent reason but some insistence on my part to confuse Mandy's posts with you. Apologies. I am ancient and it is beginning to show. Lol. Enjoy your break from dog training I am sure you need it although will miss it. Griff hopefully nothing became of those two mystery cars last night?

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all Safe and well, God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Morning Lynn, Sorry to hear Dillon has a sore paw, Maybe soaking it in salt water for a bit will help. I have tried three times to post on here this morning but to no avail so here goes again. Had my usual five hours sleep and then woke up coughing. Have been out and about with Tyto to see if the fresh air would help and yes it did but now indoor and coughing again and croaking. Oh well it will go I expect if I don't croak first. Sorry my sense of humour creeping in there. Have a good day Lynn and all to follow. bfn.. There you go Moyra, good morning to you, you have made me remember what I wrote the first time. Pringles and griff. Hope Griff didn't dream about them.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Morning Moyra. You seem a bit down at the moment.
I hope the soon lighter mornings and evenings cheer you up and the oncoming of Spring/Summer. We will try to get the part time loft lodger evicted before you buy the cottage.
Morning brenda sorry the cough followed you home. May well give the salt water a try I think it is more to do with the arthritis he already has in that paw he has possibly knocked it when in the garden and we haven't seen.
He is weight bearing fine may give the vet a ring in the week if it doesn't improve and see if I can up his cortaflex dosage or they may say take him along get him weighed and give him a short course of Previcox to see if that does the trick. He has had some arnica this morning.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 09:10 AM
Goo morning

Sorry you a feeling a little down Moyra. As Lynn says Spring will soon be here and then hopefully your spirits will lift. Hugs

Love the fireplace Lynn. Poor Dillon hope his paw is soon better.

Oh dear Brenda hope the cough soon goes.

Hope nothing came about re the cars Griff. and leave the Pringles alone today too

Dull and damp here. Started raining on our walk this morning but didn't come to much thank goodness. Must ice the Christmas cake today keep putting it off Gordon, yes our garden is a magnet for leaves. We have two oak trees along side our garden and five at the bottom, 4 are ours The garden faces south and as most of the wind has been from that direction they all come into ours Never mind trees are now bare and it is just the leaves caught in the bushes that are blowing about.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Good morning Lynn Moyra Brenda and all to come
Hope Dillon's paw gets better soon enjoy the shopping if you get to Kings Lynn
Brenda hope the cough /sore throat gets better soon .hate it when you write a great long post and it disappears
Moyra hugs to you and Amber today stay warm n safe
Tw ,griff ,Sue ,lg Mandy Nippy and everyone else hope your all well and have a good day
Just back in from walking the muppets oh boy is it cold with hard hard frost still is dry good dusting of snow on the high tops though
Chinese laundry up and running lol
Nought much on today roast to go in and a quick Hoover and tidy up
Might put the c/tree up can't see it being easy with a mini tornado about lol
Think i'v thawed out now so better get a move on
Take care stay safe xxxxx
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2015, 09:37 AM
Good morning everybody. Yesterday evening I put the tree and decorations up. So many fairy lights. At least this year I remembered to stand in the middle of the dining table because last year l stepped backwards, the table tipped and down I went, first crashing onto the dining chair and landing flat on my back on the floor. And yes we have a hard floor which didn't help matters and I scared Poppy also! I lay there for a few seconds stunned but wasn't hurt, only my pride ha ha.

I hope everyone is well and any ailments clear up and spirits to lift. Have a good day everyone. I haven't opened the curtains yet but it sounds as though it's wet out. Oh well up and at it. See you later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 09:59 AM
Morning all, a bit dull and drab but dry.....yippee!
Cake finished with strawberry jam and butter cream icing, decorated with strawberries and candles
Lynn, I agree with everyone your hearth looks so inviting, it's gorgeous.
Moyra, surprised not to see you open the thread, never mind nice to see Lynn! As I say at last the cake looks a success!
Morning Brenda, strange about your posts still youm are here now, please don't croak it yet
Morning Sue, get icing
Morning Norma
Morning Popster, sorry I chuckled at the thought of you tipping off the table
Ok the pup is home from her walk so I had better get her breakfast, back later x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Morning all
Moyra...sorry you are feeling fed up, i think you and amber need a holiday!!! would steve drop you off somewhere for a couple of days and then fetch you, a change of scenery can do wonders...even if you could just get away for a change of scenery for a day it would help
Brenda, hope the cough clear up soon...have you tried vicks on the soles of your feet?
Nippy, cake sounds yummy
Norma, i daren't put a tree up with Deags, she shadow chases and the lights and baubles would, blow her mind Lol
Lynn, i do hope Dillons paw is better soon
Popster, very pleased to hear you didn't damage yourself doing the decs!!
Sue, i used to have a massive oak tree at the bottom of my garden...the leaves were dreadful but it was worth it for the tree
Well both cars are gone and my house in intact! i will be keeping an eye out though and will tell my next door neighbour...although i wouldn't want to worry her really as it is just her and her elderly dad now
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Cold and dry here today. Hoping it stays like this then we can get to training, last one of the year, we are having a party, theme is Wellies and Ones'ies, but I will not be wearing a onesie, have resisted so far. If it stays dry we will go to say Hi at least
Moyra, thats a good idea of Griff's, getting away somewhere for a few days break.
Griff, glad you are in one piece this morning and the cars have gone. Are your mum and dad due back today or are they staying a bit longer with Billy passing away and poor Tess on her own for the first time since she was a girl.
Lynn, maybe Dillon's foot is sore with all the rain, like you say. If he has also given it a knock it will be very painful for him, poor lad, hope he starts feeling better as the day goes on.
Nippy that cake sounds gorgeous, any piccies of it, I think it could be a masterpiece
LOL Norma, will the tree last, will you last
Popster you were so very lucky not to hurt yourself, I only fell on the kitchen floor and still feeling it months later, for goodness sake be careful this year.
Sue I think every leaf in the country has been to your garden and been dutifully 'hoovered' up by Barry with his new toy
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »