Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Is it worth it ?

Definately Not!

Lizzie needed a new charger for her lappy,so I got one from ebay,power lead and AC adapter.All good for a couple of weeks.
She noticed a problem with it yesterday and it wouldn't charge the laptop properly.Anyway she was using it last night,came and got me and said I think there is something very wrong with it.
There was something wrong with it,it had started to melt the wire and you could smell the power lead burning
Thankfully we never leave things like that plugged in,if we go out and when we go to bed.

I took the laptop and power leads to our local pc shop to get a new one this morning,he looked at it and said that the wires were lethal they could have very easily started a fire or even worse killed one of us.

I came back and emailed the seller I brought from on ebay,who is willing to refund when I return the leads and also told her what the guy in the shop had said.

So I guess I will always buy from a trusted retailer in future,and stuff trying to save a few quid.
Lesson learn't!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Jeez thats not good, atleast all ended well! I have been through so many charges with this laptop

Defo stick to the trusted retailers in future, saves alot of hassle even if you end up spending a little extra!